Thread: How to cascade router using 2 access points

How to cascade router using 2 access points

I have 2 routers in my office environment for LAN purpose. Now I need to cascade the router. What I mean is I would like to run those 2 routers within the equal subnet. Is it possible for me to cascade the router for this purpose. I have to do it by using the 2 access points. I don’t have much information about networking but I can manage my office LAN and troubleshoot it. So if you provide me some information about it, it would be very helpful for me to increase my knowledge.

Re: How to cascade router using 2 access points

The procedure begins on the Second Router initial. Initially, connect the PCs LAN port straightforwardly to whichever of the LAN ports on your router (second Router) by the use of an Ethernet cable. First of all create by loading up the configuration page of the second router. To carry out this, look on the base of router, and there must be a defaulting gateway and a Username as well as Password. Enter the defaulting gateway into the internet browser and make use of the credentials which are on the bottom of router. Now you will get the steps to cascading the router there.

Essentially a residence 'router' hands out DHCP - offers IP addresses out. By default, routers contain the IP address of 192.168.1.1 otherwise 192.168.0.1 - therefore while you connect 2 on the network, they make use of the similar IP address and reason conflicts. You would like to get your second router and connect straightforwardly to your PC through the patch cable. Log into router, consign it an IP address 1 privileged than present (192.168.1.2 or .0.2). You will have to set up DNS to be pointing in the direction your additional router (192.168.1.1). Disable DHCP on top of the router. Now the router will perform like a switch.

First of all set up the IP address of the second router to be within the similar subnet like the main router, except away of the range of the DHCP server within the main router. For example DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 in the course of 192.168.0.100; I'd allocate the secondary router 192.168.0.254 like its IP address, 192.168.0.253 for an additional router, and so on. Disable the DHCP server inside the second router. Connect from the main router's LAN port toward one of the LAN ports on another router. Sometimes you may need to make use of a cross-over cable. Depart the WAN port as it is. This process circumvents the routing function (NAT layer) and sets the router like a switch (otherwise wireless access point intended for wireless routers).

I have two routers WRT300N and WRT110. Here is what I have done to cascade the routers. I'd recommend you connect an Access Point toward the power row adapter rather than a router (WRT300N). Easier to configure and less costly, each PC will notice each other on the LAN. You can perform that through a router excluding you must configure it. Conversely, if you actually would like a router, PCs connected to WRT110 won't be capable to distinguish the PCs connected toward WRT300N. That's how NAT operates. On the other hand, systems connected toward WRT300N will be capable to access whatever thing connected in the direction of WRT110, counting the router.