Thread: How to configure WiFI network card with Windows 7?

How to configure WiFI network card with Windows 7?

I was using Windows Vista at that time my WiFi network card (D-link dwl-520+) was working properly, I didn’t had any issue with it, And now I have upgraded my OS to Windows Vista. But after upgrading my OS I am not able to use WiFi network card, guys please help me out what should I do? Is there any driver for it or any other setting I have to change. Now I have to connect to my router by Ethernet cable. I don’t want to buy a new card since it’s working with other OS. Guy do you have any suggestions or solutions?

Re: How to configure WiFI network card with Windows 7?

Hey dude I have some set of instructions or steps, you can try out those. I had the same problem with my network connectivity, maybe your driver is not updated that is that can be the issue. First go to Hardware manager and in that right click on the WLAN adapter and then update driver. Search for driver’s in your system, first turn off the “show only compatible hardware” and now you will get the whole list of hardware in your system. There you have to select Atheros communications and because it has Atheros chip there you will find the 520+. Hope this will work for you.

Hey dude thanks for such a quick reply, I have done a lot of searching over net but I haven’t found any exactly related issue yet, I have also searched about it on D-link web site but found nothing. This is the only reply I have got and tried your set of instruction but mate now it’s giving different error, Now the new problem is it won’t install. It gives me the message “Device can not start. (Code 10)”. Thanks buddy for your reply, I guess you will have a solution for this also.

Hey that is wrong G520+ has the Texas instrument chip not the Atheros chip. Dude visit D-link support and from there go to ftp site and now download all the drivers required for G520+ . And after downloading the file unzip it in different folders. Now clean the D-link data nad register, delete all the D-link software, No need to install any utility software by set up because Windows 7 has all that. In Hardware manager update the driver and folder is the Drive suppose C so C:\DWL-G520+Utility+driver and click on Go. Hope it will work for you.

I was looking for the same solution first I was looking for 520+ and it was of no use, it took lot of time. And now as per your solution I have searched for drivers for G520+. But I have found out for Windows 7 32bit platform not for the Windows 7 64 bit. I am having Windows 7 64bit so I didn’t proceed on further instruction. If anybody have found out it for 64bit please let me know or if anybody tried these driver with on 64bit, please share your suggestions.

Guys my WiFi network card started working for me, you can find it on ftpsite ofD-link go in to wireless section and look for dwl520+ and then drivers you will find the required driver’s. Hope this will also work for you mate. Guys I haven’t got a single reply on very popular forums but this site is really very helpful for newbie like me. Now onwards I will post my query only on this site, thanks guys for your solution and suggestions. Thank you,