Thread: Fake antivirus denies access to all programs on windows XP

Fake antivirus denies access to all programs on windows XP

i have installed the windows XP on mine system and mine system works perfectly without any issue. Yesterday last night while I am searching on the internet accidentally downloaded the fake antivirus and after that it was installed on mine system. Now when I try to open the any program, fake antivirus denies access to open it and also I am not able to access the internet as well. Now I don’t know how to remove this antivirus, can anyone advises to remove this fake antivirus and so that I can access my all program.

Re: Fake antivirus denies access to all programs on windows XP

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below. First restart your system in the safe mode. Now once you on the safemode go to the start and after that make hit on the control panel and under that select the Folder Options. Now on the folder option go to the view tab and after that make hit on the Show hidden files and folders radio button. Once you complete this go to the my computer and then select the local drive C. now on the C drive go to the document and setting and after that click on the application data. Now under this folder make select on the sawamn.exe and after that delete it. Once you complete this restart your system in normal mode and after that go through your issue.

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestion. I have tried your steps but it doesn’t solve mine issue and during this time I have got the error as well. As you said I went to the safemode and after that I gone to the application data folder and under that I found the sawamn.exe and when I tried to delete but I can’t delete it. I don’t why this problem encountered, I have tried again to delete it but I got the same issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can clear mine issue.

I would like to advise you to download the ATF Cleaner from the official website and once you downloaded and then install it on your system. After installing restart your system and then open the ATF Cleaner software. Now under the ATF Cleaner make double click on the ATF-Cleaner.exe and then hit on the Select All found at the bottom of the list and after that make stroke on the Empty Selected button. After that closed this program and then restart, after that go through your issue.

I have faced the same issue and I would advise you to following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follow below:
    1. Close the all current program.
    2. Make hit on the start icon on the desktop.
    3. After that go to the control panel
    4. Under that select the add/remove program.
    5. Now on the add/remove program go to the currently installed programs list.
    6. Here select your fake antivirus and then remove it. And after that restart and then go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. To do this you need to download the Malicious Software Removal Tool and click here to download. Once you click on this you will get the option to save the file and hit on that. Once you complete the saving then install the Malicious Software Removal Tool and after that run this software and this will remove the all your issues. Once complete this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I would recommend you to perform system restore and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follow the steps below:
    1. Go to start icon.
    2. Click on the all program and after that select the accessories.
    3. Now under the accessories choose the system tool and after that hit on the system restore.
    4. Now under that enter the date before the downloading the fake antivirus and then hit the next.
    5. Now here make click on the restore to earlier point radio button and after that hit the next button.
    6. Now once you complete the system restore restart your system and after that go through your issue.

According to me you need to reinstall your operating system and so that you can solve your issue. To do this first take the all backup of your system and after that uninstall the current operating system. Now once you complete the uninstall restart your system and after that install the new operating system. Once you complete the installation I would like to suggest you to update your all drivers and windows and I would also suggest you to install the genuine antivirus and so that you can prevent this all issue.