Thread: Unable to connect with Motorola 2210 modem in bridged mode

Unable to connect with Motorola 2210 modem in bridged mode

Recently I changed my network from AT&T DSL to Sonic.net. After having done that I am facing some problem connecting the lan router with the modem which is from Motorola and the thing is that I want to keep it in the bridged mode. I used to successfully setup a connection earlier with the DSL modem supplied by AT&T and that too in the bridged mode but with the AT&T I am unable to do that. I have tried every possible solution in the modem settings but still unable to get anything. Any methods that you can suggest for me? So that I can get my problem solved.

Re: Unable to connect with Motorola 2210 modem in bridged mode

Are you suing authentication while setting up a internet connection. If you are using the yes option then that might be your mistake. So do have a look at it and do not worry about the result much. The reason I am saying that is because Sonic DSL and Sonic Fusion do not require any kind of user name and password while setting up the internet connection with the router. So probably you will have to look over it. So that’s my view on the problem do check it out.

Nice idea but if I set the authentication to no then none of the computers in the lan would be able to setup a connection with the internet. So that’s why I want to keep the authentication on. So any other alternate solution that you can try here then do let me know about it as well. Since I am on a lookout for a proper method that will get me through the solution. So anyone with proper solutions then do let me know about it. I would be glad to hear such responses from you all.

Well I would like to add something here. The thing is that you must have admin rights before continuing with the procedure. So once you get in to the server you will have to go to the main page and from there you will get some critical information like sync status, WAN-side IP address and gateway, speed, attenuation, and local router information. Now you will have to try and disable the NAT router capabilities for that you will have to get into the expert mode. Now in the final step you will have to set the modem behave purely in the bridged mode. For that you will have to go to configure option and then select the connection option, there you will get the pull down menu of bridging select enable option. That’s it you are done.

You are a true genius and I must say that your suggestion did really helped me it has given me the desired result. So thanks a lot for all the efforts that you all have put in to solve my issue. I mean it’s a great felling that I am getting to run the modem in the bridged mode again and all the credit goes to you guys for helping me in this situation. So thanks a lot for all the help. Really appreciate it. Thanks a ton for the answer.