Thread: D-Link DNS-321 media server create problem when accessing the files

D-Link DNS-321 media server create problem when accessing the files

I recently purchased the D-Link DNS-321 media server, the reason I took this because the service and the performance that is been provided by it is one of the best that I have seen, so I connect it and I started using in a normal mode, I seen the device in the network source in the Logitech media player and it was looking fine till that point, as I went to select the video which I like the most, it started giving an error in it which was like this way ‘the content in this file is been updated to check the content refresh the content from the context menu’. I tried this with the help of the pictures and also the songs file, but the error that is been provided by it is the same. I have no idea why is this kind of the problem is been happening in this. So can any one of you can help me in this thing.

Re: D-Link DNS-321 media server create problem when accessing the files

I was also facing this kind of the problem in the past and I was very irritated to how to come out from this problem that I was facing but by the god grace I got the solution for the same and now it is working fine for me, I have seen that the storage device which is been present is in the NTFS format and also in the update they said that the fix for the problem is been done for the NTFS but as the USB is not been recognizing the NTFS format that is present in it through the networked source the problem was occurring in it which was not done properly in the update.

I am also facing this kind of the problem and I have seen that the problem is been present for many of the people, also I tried in the internet to find the solution for the same and I just came across the solution that is been provided in the above post and it seems to be the solution that I am looking for, the thing that I had done is that I reformatted the USB device which was present in the form of FAT 16 format to work the following thing in a proper manner. But the trick I used was before the update that I had done in it. Also I tried to log into the bios to check that all the values that are present in it is properly set or not in it. Also after that I had done an update which help me in finding all the files that I wanted to and once I had found that then all the thing is been working properly.

I think the problem that most of the people are been facing is because of the update which was done in the previous month and after that day all the problem that is happening in the device. I think the problem was in the update which changes all the setting the device had in the previous section so I feel that if you can just restore all the setting to the previous setting then it will help in getting the proper working of the device in a normal flow. If not then try to contact the manufacturer and ask him to solve the problem that is been happening in you r side, as this is the problem that is created by the update, I think that it will help you in solving the task.

It has been noticed by the novice person stating that the update which was present in the lat update was not that good, as it was creating lots of the problem for many of the user who had updated their device with it. Also when I had contacted to the technical people they told me that the work was in progress, so I was just thinking that is how is the company it just sent the update which will be sent in this thing and also it is not checking the services before sending it to the users. As this kind of the mistake is been happening more frequently I am thinking of switching it to the VLC player for Android which help in getting the thing to be done in a right way and also less bug that is present in that.