Thread: Discrepancies in DSL Speed Test Reports

Discrepancies in DSL Speed Test Reports

I tried with finding my DSL speed test and while doing so I got some weird results. When I first started with the test I got a result of 5.4 MEG download. But then when I tried the same thing with the test with the speak easy I got the results of 11.4 MEG download. I really don’t know why I got this difference. So do anyone came across such thing. If yes then do get back to me and tell me what need to be done if such is the case.

Re: Discrepancies in DSL Speed Test Reports

I just had a look at your question and I feel that you need to find out some information from U-Verse. I think that it will indicate you a download speeds up to 12 MEG. And that is normally a standard speed with all providers. Btu it usually depend on the variation of the speeds which in turn depends on time of day and week or even depends on the unusual traffic. I think that you also need to check your speeds over time. Remember that maximum speeds are hardly ever consistently attained.

I just want to know that is that the test you conducted was a flash test or java test? If it was a Java tests then they will always show a better results. I am saying this to you because even I have got good results with java tests. Also have you tried different to work with various DNS servers to see whether you can cut down on your page load times? I think that if you work on these aspects then it will be fine and your problem will be solved.

I just went through previous solution and think the flash speed tests are the one who are causing the problem and they are the real issue. They are usually not that good for any decent speed connections. Also I guess that where you are conducting the DSL Speed Test the servers might be on Gigabite. So what that does is that they can be very easily overloaded by a fast speed connection. So I guess that this is the issue which is causing this problem.

I agree that you actually need to find out some information from U-Verse. That is the one which is going to be of utmost help to you right now. And as stated they will show a download speed of 12 MEG which from any respect is proper. Even I agree with the fact that it will vary a bit depending on the various conditions that are present. Also checking of over time speeds will be somewhat crucial as it will indicate the problem. But overall I feel that you don’t have to worry about this issue.

Thanks a lot for all your solutions. I just went through then and feel that they have helped me a lot. I just checked the over time speeds and they are not a cause to worry about. Also I do really feel that it many times depend on the variation of the speeds which in turn depends on time of day and week or even depends on the unusual traffic .So may be as you have really stated that this issue is not a really something to worry about.