Thread: Cable Modem for Comcast Internet connection

Cable Modem for Comcast Internet connection

There is a Acer desktop PC that I am using form a long time, the system is specified with Intel dual core processor, 3 GB ram, 456 GB hard drive and NVIDIA graphical interface, the system I basically use this system for internet access and sometimes for gaming purpose, the system was running fine with all of its features and with the other specified function but from last might I am not getting properly internet speed in my system with the Broadcom wired modem, I am having a Comcast connectivity. What should be the cause of this issue, anyone having any idea on this, any input on this will be helpful for me.

Re: Cable Modem for Comcast Internet connection

Did you check the internet connection that you are using, along with this also check this in the network tab in task manager, I hope from there you will be able to figure out the problem, though in maximum of the cases it is found that for internet connection these types of issues are occurred, and if you will found any such problem with the internet connection then I recommend you to contact with the service provider.

According to my knowledge, as per the problem this can also be occurring for the modem, though this was also happened with me few weeks back, after that one of friend suggest me a simple process to resolve this , I tried and get relief from the problem, remove the modem by release all of the cables. Now after few minute again reconnect the modem, I hope if the problem is occurring for any of the basic cause then by this process you will be get help.

I am also facing a problem with my Linksys cable modem, though this was running fine with the Comcast network connection that I am using from last few months, till the last date it did not encounter any such type of problem with the internet connection. The actual problem that I am facing is that the connection is looses almost every time as well as it takes a lot time to connect the system with network. I am college student, and don’t have any idea on these types of problems. I hope someone will surely suggest me any trick to resolve this issue.

Open device manager and then open network tab, under that right click on the device driver and choose the update software option, it will collect the information regarding the update version if available and will direct you to install into your system, run the installation process, at the beginning it will ask you to remove the existing one and then will automatically load the fresh version, after complete this restart the system along with the router also, now ping to any web site and check whether the speed is desire or not.