Thread: Unspecified error in internet connection sharing

Unspecified error in internet connection sharing

I am having a HP pavilion series and an Acer aspire notebook; both of them are running with the windows 7 ultimate 32 bit system architecture, which I upgraded recently in both the systems. Now the problem is I am not able to perform the internet connection sharing with my home wireless connection. It shows an unspecified error message into my screen whenever I tried to proceed for the sharing, though the shared file and also the both the networks are showing it the network list, but does not able to make the sharing or connectivity for file transferring in both the systems. What should be cause for this issue, any suggestion for me to resolve this issue?

Re: Unspecified error in internet connection sharing

According to me, the problem that you mentioned in your post, might be occurring for the firewall setting of nay of the systems, if this activated. The file sharing access is also related with the windows or any other third party firewall application. I suggest you to check the firewall setting of both the systems and make sure that the file sharing option is checked in both the systems. I hope there you will surely get any information regarding this.

As per my opinion the problem might also be occurring for the wireless wizard of the transferring system where you are willing to transfer the selected file from your another system, make sure about that, if you have any such type of problem with the wifi wizard of your system then these types of issues might be occurred in your system, it was also happened with me, after that when I searched on this problem, I found this is occurring for the wizard, after that i simply proceed for the tricks regarding the wireless wizard. I applied that process, which is reconfiguring the network wizard and get relief from the problem.

Almost similar type of problem occurring with me, with the wireless network connectivity. It shows all of the configured network but not allowed me to connect with any one of them, it appears that the network connection is not defined, and then windows directs me to close the network connectivity. Though this is the first time I am facing any such type of problem with this wifi network connectivity, not able to figure out the cause of this problem. Anyone having any idea on this issue?

According to me, I think the problem is might be occurring for the network connectivity, for these types of problem there is only one solution about these types of problem, re-configure the network connection, along with this also make sure which is already mentioned in the above post. I hope this will somehow help you to figure out the problem. From the installation welcome window of network wizard click on the repair the connection option, terminate the option and wait till the process completes. Go through this process, it will surely help you to resolve the issue.

After applying all of the above mentioned processes if you are still facing the problem in your system with the wireless wizard, I would like to recommend you to reload the router hard ware device driver, open device manager and the drop don list click on the driver name and choose the update option, select advanced recommended option, it will ask you to locate the installer file and then direct you to run the installation program, run and wait till the process completes. I am sure by this process will surely help you to overcome from the problem.