Thread: Can anyone give me suggestion to buy a good PCI ROUTER?

Can anyone give me suggestion to buy a good PCI ROUTER?

Hello there, I am in bit of confusion for buying a PCI card for my computer, the thing that is going into my mind is that the PCI card will be running in the BSD kernel with the presence of pfsense, so as this is present in it, the card cannot depend on the proprietary drivers. As I was searching the internet, I seen that there exist some of the internal realtek Ethernet NIC chip and this card only need the drivers from the realtek which is the most common in the most platform. The card which I am searching for should have at least one RJ11 port and it should be supporting the PPPoA and also it should be relatively cheaper. So please be free to give any of the solution for it.

Re: Can anyone give me suggestion to buy a good PCI ROUTER?

Hi, the thing that you are asking for can be done in another ways, the thing is you can get the thing in a different manner like buying a the PCI card which can be wireless and also the wireless router, this will help you in getting the laptop if you are using in your day to day life to be connected in the internet services that you want to get in it. The best of the brand that I would recommend for you is the Netgear, they are very easy to be used and also the connection that has to be made by them is been done with no pain and error in it. I would not recommend Linksys as I have seen in the past that this device has a lot of problem when you try to connect the system.

The router that you are going to use in the system of yours will be used for transmitting the data, so if a system want to receive the card then you can either use a PCI card or a USB adapter, this should be used in such a way that the both cannot be used, also see that the router that you will be using must be of the same protocol that the router and the receiver is been using, there are three category mainly like BGN. B is the oldest and the slowest version, G is the new and it is most common, and N is the newest fastest and also the most expensive one, so you have to choose either from the G section or the N section.

I don’t think that the section of B,G and N makes any of the difference in it, as most of the frequencies of the router uses N and G now a days as the B section is been slowly getting older and no one go for it . You will need to buy a wireless PCI card for your desktop so that you are able to receive the signal from the laptop or the various systems that are been present. Laptops now a day come with built in wireless cards, but this is not the thing with the old ones if you have any of the old Laptop present with you then you can go with buying a separate wireless card for the laptop of yours . The only thing that you have to do is just connect the router and see that all the networking that is been done in the system of yours is been provided with all the necessary connections.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the suggestion that you have been provided for the query of mine , the thing is I was not able to decide as I have no knowledge about the card that I want to buy, I just took the review of many of the people and just did some of the case study in the internet but the exact solution for the query that I was searching for got more cleared from the post of you people, so just keep doing the great work as the knowledge that you people have is one of the great thing, thank you.