Thread: How to bond multiple DSL lines?

How to bond multiple DSL lines?

Hello I planned two ADSL lines for home in expect of being able to make use of them together as a single, dual speed ADSL line up. But I can't outline how to connect them so I can utilize the speed on no more than one computer. Everyone make use of an Ethernet RJ45 link. My current configuration is 2 NICs. One that takes delivery of the DSL and the additional line attach to the LAN. Using this technique I be able to distribute the DSL on my whole network. Please reply someone that be acquainted with a good technique to do it. All I require is bond the two lines in one and contribute to them in excess of the LAN. I have a permanent IP for every DSL and I don't require some software to obtain the internet signal.

Re: How to bond multiple DSL lines?

A hardware application capable of doing that is extremely expensive. I hear word of software that is able to do this but have not at all observed some evidence. Nexland advertise a router that permit load balancing across 2 WAN associations but that won't dual your throughput - just choose the least crowded line to make use of at the time you attach. You are greatly enhanced off cancelling your second account and growing line speed on the one you maintain.

There is not anything you be able to do from your end to join them on a particular IP connection. That has to be completed at the ISP ending, and as Cyberskye summit away, it is exclusive. I am not conscious of some DSL or cable ISP's that will accomplish this. Attempt to uploading a file in excess of the internet to an important person, if it go away two times as quick as one lines upload speed then you contain accomplished it my friend.

Thank you guys, however still I believe there are supposed to be a way. For instance, Shotgun technology developed through Diamond years ago in progress the latest concept of bonding several 56K connections mutually to generate a faster speed. The entire suggestion started long time ago; there be supposed to a number of software that can do that. Possibly Load balancing by means of dissimilar network cards possibly will do it. I'm not sure how to do it though. Perhaps somebody was attempting it via Windows 2000 Server through Load balancing.

At the moment, it looks like it workings. What I did is attach the two DSL and the server to single 100Mbps switch. And then starting the second NIC to the second 100Mbps switch where the further workstations are associated. The set of connections taking place TCP/IP for the NIC that attach to the DSL Modems has together permanent ip addresses and mutually routing addresses. Internet workings, but I don't recognize if together or only single, and if single which one? Well, I will be pleased about a help on this issue.

I utilize WinProxy for years to link dual dial up lines. It will work in favor of DSL as well. It's been a while seeing as I make use of it and it seems like they may be away of business or at least aren't developing it to any further extent, but I might be incorrect. Also there come into view to be two companies utilize the name WinProxy. Both products do the similar obsession. The software was intended for home client that had no simple technique to share a solitary internet connection earlier than routers were simply obtainable. However it also works good to "bond" several Internet connections for single or numerous client.

Hey guys,

I've been doing some research and you actually can combine multiple Internet lines (eg including a cable modem) to make a faster and more reliable one. The Internet lines can be different technologies and can come from different providers, and it is not necessary to have special software (e.g. MLPPP) or hardware at the provider premises - they don't even have to know you are bonding their line to another (it is done at layer 4).

For example, you could bond together four ADSL lines at 6Mbps down/ 768k up to create a 24Mbps down/ 3Mbps up connection, even for a single file transfer or a streaming video source. This is a lot cheaper than a bonded T1 line.

I'm sure if you google search for "broadband bonding" you'll find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps your search.