Thread: windows 7 64 bit, through VPN unable to connect with remote desktop

windows 7 64 bit, through VPN unable to connect with remote desktop

I am not able to connect my windows 7 64-bit system architecture enable system with the windows XP compatible remote desktop through VPN. Every time whenever I tried to connect the system it flashes an error message that the system is not allowed to connect with the network. Though I am not a technical savvy, so I don’t have any idea on this, I simply tried by restart the both the systems, but this does not help me. so I can understand that this is not a minor problem, but also not able to figure out the issue.

Re: windows 7 64 bit, through VPN unable to connect with remote desktop

Be sure that the remote server access permission is enabling into the network connection wizard along with this also check whether the remote computer is turned on and responding properly with the network. though the problem atht you mentioned in your post, might be a minor one and for that I hope these information are quite somehow help you.

As per my opinion regarding the problem, I would like to recommend you to make sure that the remove desktop is properly configured with the LAN network, along with check the LAB connection of your system, by which you are connect with the remote system. The problem was also happened with me few months back, after that when I was checked about this, I found that the issue is might be occurred for the lan connection. So go through this, I hope it will surely help you.

According to me about the problem, this is might be occurring for the network connection that you are having, are you connected with any home group or any other profile? If this then I suggest you to check the permission of sharing under that profile, if you found that your system is not permitted to access the network then make the permission and then try to make the connection. I think the permission is the cause of the issue, and by this process it will resolved.

Check the remove system, whether this is permitted with the network sharing or not. Because i was also facing almost relevant type of issue with my windows vista system, after that when I did a research on this, I found that the remote system was not permitted with for the network sharing. And for this the firewall might also be the cause as a part. Open properties of your remote desktop by right click on the computer in desktop screen. Now under the advanced option look for the remote option and checked the sharing permission check box, and reboot the system. Now try to connect the user system with the remote desktop. I hope this time you will be able to connect your system with the remote desktop.

I am also having a issue with my windows vista system, that is connected with the remote desktop, though it is connected, but the not able to access the network along with also not able to access the remote desktop drive, through network, if I tried to access the drive under remote desktop, it flashes a error message that the system is connected with the remote system. can’t understand the actual problem connected but not able to access. Any suggestion for me to resolve this issue?