Thread: Windows Server 2008 R2 - can join domain but user name and password dont work

Windows Server 2008 R2 - can join domain but user name and password dont work

I have a new network set up: the main global domain controller is located at our corporate office. We have 7 other locations that will be joining this domain. I have set up a test server for a new location that is set up to run as another domain controller under the same as our GSU. Now I have it set up and communicating to the main corporate server with a VPN through the Hamachi program. I can see all users form that test server and on the corporate end and share files fine, but when i try and add a workstation to the test server I can join the domain but none of the user name or password combinations work. Can anyone help out or have any clue?

maggiena Guest

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 - can join domain but user name and password dont work

Use third party windows password recovery program to help you.

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 - can join domain but user name and password dont work

If you've forgotten your Windows password and you're on a domain, you should contact your system administrator to reset your password. If you're not on a domain, you can reset your password by using a password reset disk or by using an administrator account. If you forget the administrator password and don't have a password reset disk or another administrator account, you won't be able to reset the password.