Thread: The modem has reported error 651

The modem has reported error 651

Friends, I have the Windows 7 which is installed on my laptop. It was functioning very well for around 3 months, but yesterday when I was booting so at that time it could not get on the wireless network to Comcast. The icon on the top of the right does not even allow me the right to make use of network connections. This was not the case some days before and in my system I have not done any kind of changes but unable to get the reason of this kind of error. And it reported me the error 651 and prompting me that dll is not available, program will not work correctly. If you have any idea or any solution for this, then please share that with me. Thanks.

Re: The modem has reported error 651

You should make sure the modem is proper and also confirm that they are configured properly. It is also probable that the driver is tainted in your system and that is why you are getting this kind of problem. You must uninstall and reinstall the drivers again and see if this can resolve the problem for you or not. If that cannot solve the problem, then you can download the latest driver and after installation to your computer. This will solve the problem if that is related to driver problems.

In this you have to first try to start your computer in the Safe Mode through networking and after that you just confirm that whether it allows you to connect from there or not? Here some step which you have to follow.
    • If your computer is on then restart it.
    • While restarting your Pc just tap f8 key at the time it is loading operating system.
    • While you get Advanced Boot Options menu you just stop tapping.
    • Select the section with the help of up and down arrow
    • Choose the safe mode
    • And this will start your system in o the safe mode.

There is one more thing you can try to resolve this problem. I'm not certain this will resolve the problem for you, but you can try this and see if that resolves the problem. This file is there in the directory windows/system32/drivers. Replace this file with the new and see if that solves the problem. It did work for me when I was getting a similar problem and this solves the problem for me and hopefully this will do the same for you.

You should check the file permissions and make sure that it is not protected. If it is protected, then it will not allow access. Keep your file permission as public and after that restart. Once finished with the then new attempt to start the modem. This time there should be given the error. I am sure after doing this you will be able to get fix for your issue. So just go for this.