Thread: File transfer rate is very slow from Windows 7 to Windows vista through LAN

File transfer rate is very slow from Windows 7 to Windows vista through LAN

I have two computers that are connected with the help of Cat5 cable to a router Linkysys. One such team is running Windows 7 and the other is running on Windows vista. If the transfer of any file in Windows vista to Windows 7 computer then I have about 80 MB / s transfer rate, but if the same file that the transfer of Windows 7 to Windows vista computer then, just give me 1.5 mb / s transfer rate. Are you guys able to tell me why it is showing a big difference. Thanks.

Re: File transfer rate is very slow from Windows 7 to Windows vista through LAN

Have you missed some of the problem of CPU utilization as disable antivirus otherwise any of the other processes in the background? You can only make the task manager from the meaning of that. Possibly attempt to boot the Windows 7 disc, and from a command prompt (recovery environment), copy a file number sense if it is so slow now. That could help decide whether they cover a specific environmental problem through the installation of Windows 7 otherwise a hardware difficulty.

This problem may be for the reason that the antivirus you are using on your computer. If at the time while file getting transfer, then it first scans all files being transferred then observably the speed will be sluggish. If you want to check then you are able to try to disable antivirus on your system. Disable the antivirus and the transfer of any file and see if there is any dissimilarity in the speed of file transfers. And please report me over here that whether you will be able to get any solution regarding this or not.

If you have tried a number of solutions to make your query fixed, then you can try to make use of a different network card if you have access. It is probable that Windows 7 is still unpredictable along with Nvidia. The NIC allow teams falling over a computer network. Thus a level 1 OSI (physical layer) and layer 2 (data link layer) device, offering the right to use physical means of networks, as well as low system address in the course of making use of MAC addresses. Allows users to connect along with each other both by the make use of cables devoid of wirelessly.

You must conclude if the SMB (file and printer sharing) trouble; you are able to try using a method rather the opposite FTP WebDAV. I have not heard of some issue that are attached in-between Windows 7 and vista, but anything can happen at any time in the word of technology. If I remember correctly Windows vista has IIS FTP. And If you are not able to get that then you can download for free as WarFTP FTP server and try that.

There may be some problems in the operating system installed on your computer. If you are not working properly or any of the files that are damaged then you can get this issue. There may be many reasons behind this. To resolve this problem, you can try to install the new operating system for both teams. Fix the system can also be a good option for you, but there are more possibilities to solve this by installing again.