Thread: Unable to delete hlktmp tempfile in Windows PC

Unable to delete hlktmp tempfile in Windows PC

I have been using the Windows computer from the past several years. From the time then I have been using a Good antivirus program with updated virus signature database. Till now I didn’t get any issue with this and my computer was virus free as far as I know and my antivirus program shows. Yesterday I have saw tempfile named as hlktmp. I tried to remove it from the computer but it couldn’t. Then I ran the virus scan and it also unable to detect. It seems to be virus. I cannot even rename it or move to trash anyhow. Can anyone suggest me how to get rid of it from my computer?

Re: Unable to delete hlktmp tempfile in Windows PC

In Windows 7:
    • Close all windows and all open programs.
    • Start where it says "Search programs and files" type% temp% and press Enter. NOTE: You must also write the symbols "%" before and after "temp".
    • When you open the Windows Explorer window, press CTRL + E (or choose from the menu "" "Select all").
    • Press the Delete key and confirm the deletion of everything, including executables.
    • Click the right mouse button on the icon of the Recycle Bin on the desktop, and select "Empty Recycle Bin."

The causes of these temporary not eliminated may be very different. Since some programs that really make a series of information in the temporary installation to programs that have not closed properly, restart, shut down the system badly made, poorly installed or uninstalled made and in many cases simply because Windows is not able to remove them. These temporary directories are also very much used by malware to leave in place the file containing the malware, causing even reinstalling it remove from the file hosted on the temporary directory. Run the Windows in safe mode and then try to delete now. It will really going to remove now.

CCleaner is intended to optimize and to spotless the computer. The software eliminates unexploited files from HDD, shortcut devoid of an aim, ActiveX controls, assist files, entries within the registry, etc to relax room and get better the loading of Windows OS. CCleaner is as well capable to remove each and every one trace of your web surfs. The app erases the temporary files, history, cookies, forms, and so on. CCleaner will work on Internet Explorer, Opera as well as Mozilla Firefox. Lastly, the program can remove temporary records for numerous apps for instance eMule, Kazaa etc.

The freeware Unlocker application for Windows PC deletes locked files themselves without mercy. It often happens that Windows does not allow the deletion of certain files because they are either currently in use or access otherwise protected. The free tool Unlocker can help you: just select the desired folders / files and click "Unlock All". Regardless of the losses Freeware instantly kills the corresponding files.

I also urge you to go for Unlocker offer an interface in the tradition of Who Lock Me, but more features. Considerable detail to start with: it resides in the system tray and launches automatically when you display the error message (it is also possible to open it from the context menu) you can kill the process but also "unlock" the file without closing the application when possible. Unlocker does not otherwise limit the deletion of a file in use since it can also move or rename. A command-line mode is available in addition to the GUI.