Thread: BitDefender 10 icon disappears from taskbar

BitDefender 10 icon disappears from taskbar

I am recently making use of the BitDefender 10 internet security from the last 2 months and I do not have any kind of issues in the same. But today in the morning when I turned on my computer, then I found that the BitDefender 10 Internet Security icon was missing from task bar. I have tried to find out this and try to fix this but unable to get any solution regarding the same. This is very odd for the reason that I did not do anything new on my computer. I have the Windows 7 installed on my computer. I am not able to understand why I'm going through and how I can return to work. If I will get some help on this, then it will be really a great help to me. Thank you very much in advance for reading and responding to this input in advance.

Re: BitDefender 10 icon disappears from taskbar

I do not know why like this issue is occurring in your system, but if you want solution regarding the same then I have only one option which I think is you just reinstall it. Before installing this, you must completely uninstall this from your computer. So for that you have to simply open the Control Panel and open Add or Remove Programs. This will list of all programs installed on your computer. Find the BitDefender 10 on the list and click on it. And when you click on that then from the right side, choose uninstall or remove. After uninstalling it completely, you have to install it again. And so you can get the icon and the program back. Thanks.

Sometimes it is happen because conflicting with some other security software and because of that sometimes you get this kind of issue. I mean, if more than one security software installed on a computer, so while scanning they scan at each other and also can recognize the files of other programs as some threads, and they remove it. So you must remove it from the computer. I'm not saying this is the only reason for this, but yes, this is one of the possible reasons for this.

I have faced this issue as before and the reason was, I installed it from the USB drive and after removal of the USB it also removes the icon for that. So if you have also done the same then according to me you have to install it again but this time install the copies on hard disk of the computer and then install from there. But before doing the installation, you must uninstall the currently installed on your computer and reboot your system. Now try to install it again. This is the best way I can suggest to solve the problem.

As much I know about this issue then I think that the issue which you are recently facing it is known as 'Task aborted by user' for the TS08 product and as much I know about the same then iit will not be get fixed. So I think you have to switch to another version of it. If you want then you can downgrade this or if you want then you are able to make use of the BitDefender 11 which is recently come in the market. But this is just a visual error, since the process will continue until the end and clean all the files. This can be checked using the Temporary Internet files cleaner, as you will notice that the number of deleted items is reduced to 0 the second time you run it, which means that the previous action was successful. Do you have the BD icon on the desktop? And if so, is the main window appears when you double left click on it?