Thread: create a RAMdisk on the server

create a RAMdisk on the server

I use Windows Xp I have lately been building my server. Now that I posses 8 GB of RAM, I am thinking whether if I can someway create a RAMdisk on the server and then share it. I was also been forced tot think that Writing files to it across the network will be pleasant and quick. Is there a method to say, once the RAMdisk gets occupied, then after that write that data to a local HDD on the server? So essentially the file goes:Remote Computer RAMdisk share on the Server Local storage HDD on the server. I'm thinking this would boost the write speed to the server. Do you people know of any method of doing this?
    perating system

Re: create a RAMdisk on the server

Superspeed offers two high-performance RAM disk products: RamDisk and RamDisk Plus. RamDisk and RamDisk Plus This software make use of our patent -pending memory management (up to 512 GB) to make a virtual disk out of RAM. The RAM disk looks like a physical hard disk to the operating system and softwares . You select its size (depending on the size of RAM in your system), drive letter, and file system. You can after that successfully copy, move and remove files on it. Just as if a physical disk, a RAM disk is capable of sharing to be accessed by other computers on a network.

Yes this RAM disk can mostly be used when there is actually a time constraint The most significant dissimilarity between a RAM disk and a hard disk is access speed. The time consumed for a hard disk to move its magnetic heads over the spinning drives (much like the pointed needle arm moving over old vinyl record player) is usually measured in milliseconds (thousandths of a second). while a RAM disk does not contain mechanical parts and its way in rate is usually measured in nanoseconds (billionths of a second). Access to a RAM disk might be 50 times quicker or more than to a hard drive.

But if there is an advanced version available , why to use an older version . I will ask you to use the advance version of the software .RamDisk Plus adds numerous disk support, system page file support, and not only this , in fact it also has a adaptable disk image backup and restore facility. You can physically store the RAM disk’s contents to an image file, or the contents saved non manually when the computer is shutdown. This characteristic ensures that examine and application data stored on the RAM disk can be preserved among system reboots . At the time of the succeeding system start-up, the disk's image is routinely loaded. A "live" RAM disk image may perhaps be backed up still with open handles to the quantity. A RAM disk viewer allows you load image files as read-only devices.