Thread: How to control my client computer system

How to control my client computer system

Hello friends, it is been a long time that I have visited here, because as simple it is, I wasn’t facing any problem regarding anything. But today I am facing a problem, since I am a new person in the technical department where I have to solve the issue of the many customer for their desktop, if they run into some problem, the main thing is I have to run from one place to another when I have various customers having some issue, I wanted to know that is there any software present that can help me to solve the issue from one place only, I have heard about terminal services and remote desktop services but I want something that is apart from all this . Please help me in how to get the connection done.

Re: How to control my client computer system

Hi there, you can go with the gencontrol software that is present on the internet, it is very simple to use. The gen control is a remote desktop control program that helps you to remotely connect to the system with the authorized user login and password. It is mainly done on windows 2000 and Windows NT networks. It is free of cost and do not require any of the licensed to be purchased from any source. The only thing you have to do is to install the executable file of the Gencontrol in the target machine as set the connectivity for it. Once you have done that then you can go for the controlling the machine from the other location too.

Hello I was just wondering that is there any issue in the Terminal services and remote desktop, because they are all situated in the package in the windows operating system and they also have the same kind of function that are present in the gencontrol, then why to download some other program and waste your time if the resource is been present in the same operating system that you are having. Also there are some virus that try to replicate like the gencontrol and see where do you start an connection and also try to get the password and the username that is been required for the connection.

That is true about what did you mentioned above, using gencontrol will be risky because gencontrol is a part of windows and it is preinstalled in the computer. It is situates at a particular location in the hard disk so it may get targeted by the virus and can also lead to serious errors. Apart from this you can also go with Team viewer that helps you to connect to the system which is remotely located. This is a free version, which helps you to connect to the user machine. The only main thing in it is that it destroys the explorer.exe in the task manager.

The main issue lies in the VNC, which do not support the remote login in windows 7, so to overcome this you can try with the software Team viewer. This helps you to remotely control the system without any one intervention in it. Since there is two version of vnc that is been present in the internet it make the connection too slow and sometime there are errors that are been created, even in the Gen control , the connection may not be that secure because, a spyware like gencontrol.exe can be created in the hard disk that may lead to the infection to be flowing in the connection.