Thread: KIS 2011 not getting properly installed on Windows 7

KIS 2011 not getting properly installed on Windows 7

I was advised to clean the old 2010 KIS before installing the new KIS 2011 on Windows 7.I opened the computer to see that I had just 3 days left and that the box from Kaspersky on my screen asking if I wanted to purchase the new version online or if I had already purchased the program. It said that if I had already purchased the program then I should enter the Key online. I had the 2011 activation keys which I entered and then it said that still the KIS 2010 is in use. There was no installation or reinstallation process. Please help me out on this

Re: KIS 2011 not getting properly installed on Windows 7

The solution for your problem is that you can need to again follow the steps that you have performed earlier. So what you need to do is again uninstall the KIS 2010. You need to put the activation keys that are present with you. Once you enter these keys then check out that the installation process has been carried out properly or not. Then see that you reinstall the KIS 2011 properly. I feel that if you follow these steps properly then it will be very handy. These will surely solve your problem.

I don’t have a proper idea of what that is all about. When I entered the keys there was no change in the 2011 KIS code it still read 9.0.0.463.So I think that maybe I got it wrong or it will automatically change on the actually renewal day? Anyways I think that it is little late now I would presume to do anything about it. Also I don’t know why I should install the new versions instead of making it so confusing on what to actually do. Currently the computer shows protected. So I don’t have to worry much about it.

It’s upon you what you need to do. I would suggest you to try installing the KIS 2011 as it will be better for your computer. The PC is yours so you can use even an older version than the version that you use now. But it is well known to the most of the users that the last one is better than an older. So I would again suggest you that you should try to reinstall the latest version of KIS by following the steps that have been mentioned in the previous solution. I am sure that this will help you to get rid of your problem.

I would definitely give another try on the up gradation of 2011 KIS from my KIS 2010.I hope that I succeed when I’ll try installing it. I think that I might have gone somewhere wrong in the process when I tried it before. So this time I need to be more careful while following the up gradation process. I would like to appreciate you and thank you for your time and the thoughts that you provided me. It has helped me a lot.