Thread: MacPro: Wi-Fi not working after updating Mac OSX 10.6.5

MacPro: Wi-Fi not working after updating Mac OSX 10.6.5

Recently I have upgraded my MacPro with Mac OSX 10.6.5. From when I am unable to connect with USR9110 access point. I was getting problem after resuming with sleep but nowadays the connection gets timeout after start up. I am unable to find out where the problem is? Whether there is an issue with access point or the MacPro of mine. Can anyone tell me why this happening is? Also tell me if you are having the same problem. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: MacPro: Wi-Fi not working after updating Mac OSX 10.6.5

Well I think I can tell you something which you can use to fix the problem of yours. In this particular solution I recommend that you should go for changing DHCP auto settings to manual. You need to set IP address manually on the network .as far as I know subnet mask, router, and DNS settings configured manually then I think you should not have any issue. Another thing you can do is changing the channel of the Wireless router. You need to login in to your router and simply set the subnet mask, router, and DNS settings to distinctive one.

In order to fix the problem you might need to remove SystemConfiguration folder from the computer and need to restart the same. you can get above mentioned file in to ~/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and restart the computer. Make sure that you have trash the proper folder from the home directory otherwise it might cause instability in your system. Another thing you can do is reset your System Management Controller of Mac. You need to shut down your MacPro abd remove battery from it and unplug the power supply. You need to press and hold power key for around 15 seconds. Now you should replace the battery and plug with power supply and do zap PRAM. Finally wait for 2 chimes.

Looking at the situation I think you need to reset Airport card which are using currently.
    • First of all you need to close all the programs which are already running on the computer of yours.
    • Now go for System Preferences and go for Network and choose Airport card.
    • You need to turn off Airport card.
    • Now reboot your system immediately once you have done.
    • Once your computer is restarted you have to again for System Preferences and Network. Simply re add the Airport card in your speed.
    • Now go to right side pane and click on Apply button.
    • Now try to perform wireless settings and try to join network again.

I am posting the following things which I have done to solve the problem of mine.
    • You have to remove network from my favorites list so that it become unable to auto connect.
    • Now delete WPA2 password from the Keychains and reboot the system.
    • Now do a manual set up to a/b/g network. Do automatic channel selection 11 to 6.
    • You need to apply the settings and restart your Mac.
    • You should power cycle both modem and Airport card. Now tune your airport card and try to rejoin the network. Simply enter the password when prompted and you will be able to access Wi-Fi without any trouble after performing above mentioned steps.

You need to click on Airport icon from the main menu.
    • Now you have to select the network which you wanted to connect.
    • Now go for Airport from the System Preferences. You have to click on Advanced button and select Airport button.
    • You delete all the network connection except the one which you wanted to use.
    • You have to see that Remember networks this computer has used checkbox is checked.
    • Now click on Ok button and padlock in order to lock.
    • Now perform repair permission and restart the computer.

I don’t the solution which I am going to suggest will be helpful to you or not but I recommend that you should try this solution to see whether it is working or not.
    • You have to navigate to Macintosh HD and go for Library.
    • Now click on Preferences and go for system configuration.
    • Now go for the following three files. Well you have to remove these three files hence I recommend that you should copy all these files before doing this.
    Code:
     com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
    NetworkInterfaces.plist
    preferences.plist
    • It will request for Admin password when you are supposed to move the file to trash.
    • Now restart the computer and attempt to connect with wireless access point.