Thread: Error occurs during upgrading kaspersky antivirus

Error occurs during upgrading kaspersky antivirus

An error always appear during installing the upgraded version of kAV 2010 to KAV 2011 stating as "Application configuration not yet complete" during activation, it provide me with two options of YES and NO, on clicking NO the error message goes away and after some time it occurs again. Due to this the activation process is not been finalized. My operating system is of Windows server pack 3 the error was present even after uninstalling the kav 2010 but it was the same problem occurring. Even tried to go ahead without activation of the product thinking that will do it later but no help from it.

Re: Error occurs during upgrading kaspersky antivirus

Try uninstalling any of the previous version of the anti virus but keep only the activation data option ticked in the wizard, this is usually done because if you decide to reboot or restart your PC this help a lot. Also uninstall the previous version of the anti virus because kaspersky raises an error when you try to install the latest version with the presence of previous version. Also try to check in the registry entries for duplication, if they exist then delete them. Next you delete the folders most likely left after the uninstall, now open Program files and delete the folder of your previous anti virus, if there is a problem in deleting the folder from it then use a program called unlocker download and install this, this will help to delete the file by just right click on the folder you wish to delete and click unlock. Now the next step will be to run a registry cleaner to clean all the error present.

I had the same problem when I tried to install a new anti virus when I already had Norton anti virus, then by doing these steps I finally came up with a proper solutions for this. For this you require two software’s namely c cleaner, Norton removal tool and JV Power tools, these both tools are freeware and easily been downloaded from the internet. Then search for the remaining files in the drives of Norton which are remained after uninstall process, run the Norton removal tools after that run the registry cleaner and clean the registry for errors . If present fix it now install kaspersky anti virus that you intend to do.

Close the window defender and firewall this helped me because apart from the above problem my system was hanging too, so try doing this before you go ahead in the installation process. Open the window defender from start button on the desktop, then go on all program in that select window defender by selecting the option provided now click the save button for the commitment of the steps. For Firewall click start then go to setting from setting go to control panel, in the control panel go to window firewall in that click on off and save it by clicking on ok

Kaspersky was not installing in my laptop but it got installed in my desktop, earlier I thought it was some configuration error or operating system error, but it was a simple thing which I found out by just experimenting it, in my laptop I had MacAfee installed I uninstalled it and then I cleared all the file that was present in the c drive this has to be done because by using ADD/Remove program the files remains in the drive and that lead to the problem or you can also go to the home page of MacAfee in that the customer care will provide you all the required links that will help you to remove the fragments from the systems .

Here are some of the important factor that has to be taken in mind while installing a new product in your system, always try to keep a back up for your system, this may help if you are going wrong somewhere in the installation process and that may lead to system failure. After uninstalling the previous anti virus always restart your PC and check for the remaining files that are present after the uninstall process. Uninstall the anti virus in a proper way so that it may not create any problem in the future, always keep an additional software utility tools that are required for some purpose.