Thread: Kaspersky icon animates after every 30 minutes

Kaspersky icon animates after every 30 minutes

Hi all, I am having the Kaspersky 2010 installed in my computer. I am using this from a long time and it does not shows me any problem with that. My computer is running the Windows XP in that. From last 3 days, I am observing that the icon for the Kaspersky is started animating after every 30 minutes. I don’t know that what is changed with that. Now if I try to run any game then it does not allow it to run and if I disable that then the game runs without any issue. Can you tell me that what is the problem with that and how can it be solved? Thank you.

Re: Kaspersky icon animates after every 30 minutes

I think that the idle scan is on in your case and that is the reason that it is getting animated after every 30 minutes. Idle scan means, it will continue scanning the system when you start the computer. But I would like to tell you that idle scanning makes the difference to the performance of the computer because it consumes the CPU as well. So you will have to disable the idle scanning in that. To do that you will have to open the settings section of the antivirus and click the scan settings. There you will have to uncheck checkbox for the idle scan and then save changes. There are more chances that this will solve the issue for you.

I don’t know that why you are still stuck with the KIS 2010 as the KIS 2011 is already available. So my suggestion to you is to simply install and use the KIS 2011. But before installing that, you should make sure that you have removed the currently installed one from your computer. It will be better for you to install the KIS 2011 instead of searching for the solution of the KIS 2010. I am also using the same and that is not showing me any of the issue like this and I hope that this will do the same for you as well.

It is also possible that this is happening because of the outdated Java in your computer. If that is the case then the best thing that you can do is to update the java. You will have to search for this on internet and install that to your computer. I know that there are very less chances for this but still there are some for this. So there is no loss if you give it a try. I hope that this will solve the issue for you.

There is also possibility that the antivirus that you are using may be outdated and that is the reason so it is showing that effect in that icon. So see for that and if that is out of the date then you will have to update the virus database definition. If you want to do that than just right click on the icon of the Kaspersky that is there in the system tray and click on the update option. This will start updating the antivirus. After doing the update, it is possible that you will be out of the problem. Make sure that you are having the proper internet connection before starting the update process because it will have to download some update files from the internet.