Thread: Windows Home Server console is not running

Windows Home Server console is not running

Actually I have recently bought a Windows Home Server box. The problem is it will not functions a console either remotely otherwise physically. When I attempt to turn on the console CPU or processor goes to 99% operating DW20.exe after that a small while later on it closes departing the CPU free except at rest no console. The similar issue occurs when I attempt it remotely from whichever additional computers within the house. I make out that dw20.exe is an error reporting utility however the logs doesn’t shows anything about error. What the problem is? How can I fix it?

Re: Windows Home Server console is not running

Several add-in perhaps deleted those files leading uninstall. If I keep in mind there was a trouble similar to this through the Task Viewer add-in during the precedent. You can recuperate those files from an accessible Windows Home Server install which contains the identical lane height otherwise as a result of doing a server re-install. It may perhaps be that a few additional files will moreover be misplaced too, therefore when you discover the one you are searching for you'll should repeat and notice what the subsequent one is that shows up. Those misplaced files require to be duplicated to 'C:\Program Files\WHS’ on the home server.

If you mstsc.exe with Start-> Run-> go to the server, you should first see a warning, If you close the warning, you should see a normal Windows desktop, i.e. from the server. If so, it should be there on the desktop icon for the console, a double and should start is that possible? If it does not work, please make a screenshot and post the times here. This save's easier to ALT + Print the active window, then paste from the clipboard, for example in Paint and save as PNG.

I considerate I'd donate to this post to state that I had this precise equivalent problem and presently resolved it. The issue disclosed being when a network card had been put out of action, I'm not certain; however it may perhaps have been a routine response to setting the IP toward one previously engaged on top of the network. Anyhow, on one occasion I recognized it was put out of action, I re permitted or turned on it and every part of it is fine over again. I think that this post help you a lot.

During installation, a constant setting on C drive as well as Drive created. If you have simply C drive in that case copying the formation might be missing on D drive, and if you have both drives at that moment copying the settings fit to D drive not to the facts on the other drives. It seems to me that some of the data required by the Windows Home server might not been documented yet. So due to this you are getting that problem. It is not necessary that the error log should display every error occurred.