Thread: How to properly transfer file to pc via bluetooth

How to properly transfer file to pc via bluetooth

I have seen published many articles concerning how to synchronize the PDA with the PC via Bluetooth, but not if no one has proposed to use the PDA as a portable disk with BT. I purchased a Bluetooth USB and Bluetooth CF in order to accomplish this task, since by my work I travel a lot and I need to connect to the Internet and to transfer files from the CF or SD to the PC, without synchronizing the outloock data, etc. Someone has found the same situation? It is clear that the ideal would be to install the BT USB in the PC to share those files and Internet connection simply and without leaving much trace on it.

Re: How to properly transfer file to pc via bluetooth

I can not understand ... Want to get a PC that does not have a USB-Bluetooth, poking you carry in your pocket and Liard to copy files from the PDA to PC and vice versa? Is that it? I use my PDA as if it were a USB Minidrive. Sometimes I am interested in downloading files to a PC or simply copy from the PC to my PDA, which is why I like to have more information about how to press them for this transfer without installing ActiveSync. Also I would be very useful to connect to the Interent to read mail, for example. I know the hassle of all the drivers installed, but I can recommend some interesting software for the transfer of files?

A USB Minidrive (those that are like a keyring) can be plugged into any PC with XP and do not ask you to insert a CD with drivers. Be able to recognize automatically. USB-Bluetooth adapter will need the drivers. That is, if you go to the home of a friend, customer, etc.. and poked USB-Bluetooth adapter to your PC, thou must install the drivers that came with the adapter to buy. It is very cumbersome ... but once done you can move data between the PC and PPC.

My experience with Bluetooth is short (hours ) And not too good ... precisely the only thing I could do with some success is the transfer of files. The software I use on the PPC is the property of series, the Bluetooth Manager. On the PC use the utility that came with my USB-Bluetooth adapter, a USB-BT2000C Ambicom. The thing is to use the file transfer service (OBEX File Transfer). You can use the PC as a server and the CPP as a client or vice versa, the client PC and the PPC server (this option I go faster). Anyway I still think it is a nuisance. Perhaps a reader memory card companies that connect these PC's USB alpuerto you solve the problem easily.

At the end I was able to navigate from the PPC using Bluetooth. You can see the steps I took here . You can also move files from PC to PPC using the option of exploring PC ACE. The truth is that it is cumbersome because you must install the AS on the PC along with the drivers of the USB-Bluetooth adapter. Before you can synchronize via Bluetooth must first create an association between PC and PPC (the latter should confirm this, but almost certainly yes) using a serial cable, USB or infrared. In short, it is not close to the PC plan of someone with a CD, a serial cable, USB-Bluetooth adapter and say, "Do you mind leave your PC a bit, I'm going to sail." If they can be interesting if you move into an environment where you have already installed the invention in several PCs and you can just plug the adapter or get to sail. I still doubt whether a PPC may have several associations (over two) with various PCs, albeit in "guest." Surely there are other profiles that do something similar din allow installing the AS on the PC, in addition to being required features simple roll cable or infrared port.