Thread: How to get rid of gadgets from the system running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

How to get rid of gadgets from the system running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

I have recently installed the Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (9.0.0.736) on Vista Ultimate. Well l have some small problem with the gadgets. I have noticed that the gadgets installed in the side bar of the desktop and I do not want it there. Since I prefer using it from the stray icon as I have been doing the same method since many years. So I do not want all the gadgets which are present there In the side bar of the desktop. So anyone having any permanent method by which I would be permanently able to remove the gadgets. If anyone knows then do let me know about it.

Re: How to get rid of gadgets from the system running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

Well for that what you have to do is that you will have to do some changes in the side bar settings. Just try editing the Windows Sidebar Settings.ini file. You will be able to get some solutions there. Try removing the gadgets which are there in the antivirus program and reboot your system. This must work for you. I cannot guarantee whether this method will work perfectly or not. Still there is no harm in trying this method. So do try with the above solution and get back to me whether this works or not.

Re: How to get rid of gadgets from the system running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

Where can I find this particular file In the system. I want to know whether if this method works well both with the desktop computer and also the laptop. Since I want the solution for both the methods. Also the method that you have suggested about the uninstallation of the gadgets. Well let me tell you I have already tried this method and I have observed that after the restart of the system the gadgets appear back. I cannot predict what else can be done here. Anyone having any solution for this particular problem then do share it with me.

Well I have got a particular method for you do try it and let me know if that works or not.
    1) Firstly you will have to close all the gadgets and also the side bar which is running. Also one more thing that i would like to add here is that if you have a 64 bits operating system then you might need to repeat the same procedure twice.
    2) After having done that go to the c:\program files\windows sidebar. There you will find sidebar.exe option. Just double click on it.
    3) Click on the add gadget option. Then find the kaspersky gadget. Once you get the kaspersky gadget. Just right click on it and uninstall.
    This would be the perfect solution for you. Do try it.

As far as i know vista does gives the option to close the side bar. If you directly close the side bar then there would be no problem with the gadgets it seems. You just have to go to the options of the vista and disable the sidebar from there. The sidebar will not be displayed again whenever you try starting up the system. So i think you must there rather then going with the complex operations of uninstalling the gadgets. I think this is the better method here. do try it and let me know if that works or not.

I think so the best method here would be to have a talk with the technician regarding this problem. So you would be able to get an exact view of the problem that you are facing right now. You can also have a talk with the people concerned to the kaspersky who may be having some knowledge about this problem. There might be a possibility that they will be able to provide you with the valuable inputs. So do try it. There might a possibility that you would be able to get a perfect solution there. Do try this suggestion only after you are done with all the methods.

Hey thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Let me tell you that this method actually brought close to the solutions. Well you had said to go to the particular location i.e in the C:/program files. In that inside the kaspersky folder i was able to find a particular folder named as shared folder. Inside the shared folder i found the Kaspersky.Gadget. Once I deleted the particular gadget. Everything was solved. So thanks a lot for providing the exact solution here. Rally appreciate your efforts for helping me solve this issue.