Thread: Kaspersky not compatible with alterIWnet on Windows 7

Kaspersky not compatible with alterIWnet on Windows 7

I am having trouble here in playing the games and hence I really need support in the matter. The thing is that I have alterIWnet installed on the system and it was really working fine when I was using the other antivirus program but as soon as I switched to the Kaspersky I just cannot see it running anymore. The alterIWnet is actually an emulator and it allows to play Call Of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2. Whenever I launch the program I get errors and it says that the request cannot be completed. On the other hand I have also seen that I cannot just run the game as well. The game is actually getting blocked as well. Is there any kind of work around that can actually help in solving the issue here? Any help in the matter will be appreciated.

Re: Kaspersky not compatible with alterIWnet on Windows 7

It seems that the issue that you are getting here is because of the Kaspersky and hence it will be better if you can see for the connectivity issue of the antivirus and along with that also see for the Firewall settings as well. In addition to this I would also like you to see for the Network Attack Blocker and see for Anti-Banner. See if the game and the alterIWnet both are there in the trusted section and not in the untrusted and the blocked section. See if that can fix the issue that you are actually getting there. Let me know about the same after this.

I am of the opinion that you are getting the issue because of some of the changes that you have done in the settings of the Antivirus and hence I would like you to see for the same there. On my system I have the same antivirus and it is really working fine. You will have to go with the settings of the Antivirus there and see if that can actually solve the issue that you are having there. You can try to see for the log file of the Antivirus and post the same here and let me know about the same.

It seems that the issue that you are having here is because of the trial version that you are having there and hence I would like you to see for this there and let me know if it is actually the case there. I have seen some of the users complaining with this issue and then I was able to see that the issue that was actually because of the trial version. So if you are using this there then it will be better if you can just get it upgraded.

Well there is an issue with the working of the Kaspersky and alterIWnet and if you are running it on Windows 7 then it will be better if you can just get rid of this there. I would like you to have the installation of the AVG and if you do not want then you can go to the trusted section and then put the launchers like iw4mp.dat and the iw4mp.exe into the trusted section and see if that can go to your way. You can just navigate to the following location: trusted application/trusted zone/exclusion and do the thing there.

You will really find this working as I was able to get it work. You will be required to get rid of system hooks on AppInit_DLL. You can see for the following string: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows. Just get rid of this. I was able to get the things working even without making a restart and I hope that you will also see it working in the similar manner. However if you are not able to get this working then you can go with the restart as well.