Thread: Kaspersky: Found behavior similar to keylogger

Kaspersky: Found behavior similar to keylogger

I have a laptop from Dell here and on this I have Kaspersky Internet Security running. Now the thing is that I have Windows 7 64 Bit edition. In addition to this I have seen that I keep getting error and notification similar to the Keylogger. I tried to find the trace for the following but really cannot find anything for the same. I tried to see for the Kaspersky logs but could not find anything in that respect. I cannot find what is the cause for the issue here. Can you all there please let me know how I can get rid of the issue there? Just I keep getting the issue here. I tried to follow the suggestion from the Internet but cannot find anything working. Can I have the programs that can actually trigger the cause for the notification here?

re: Kaspersky: Found behavior similar to keylogger

What is the version of the Antivirus that you are actually using there. Well I have seen this similar issue when I was using Kaspersky 9 and I was also getting the similar message. It was exactly like this: Behavior similar to keylogger activity. I tried to figure it out and it was pointed out by the active virus protection of Kaspersky Internet Security. Well I was able to get a view of the issue. I clicked on the message and then clicked on the View Report option. In my case however the issue was because of the driver file named FSHOTKEY. I searched for this file and then I was able to locate it at Drivers Folder in System32 folder. See if this is the case as well on your side there. Hope that I was able to point out the things here.

Well this kind of issue has been already seen before and the only thing that was able t come out was the untrusted third party. Please let me know from where you actually downloaded or bought the Antivirus. Are you able to get the updates for the Antivirus there? It seems that you have actually not got the Antivirus from the trusted sites and hence you are getting the issues and the errors. It will be better if you can just check for the same there and let me know if I was right. Always try to see for the official site when you are buying or downloading something. If not that then you can try to get the software from trusted third party instead. Go for the download again and see if that solves the issue of yours.

You will be able to locate it in the Errors Log and I am sure about the same. It there is really something related to the software or something related to the system then I am pretty sure that you will be able to get the cause of the error there. You can also make a check on the Quarantine file as well. Just open up the Kaspersky Internet Security and then go to Quarantine and see if there are any thing available there that you can find suspicious. Also check for the settings of the Antivirus and see if there is any solution in the case of yours.

Well you can try to go with the steps here and see if that can really help you with the issue that you are getting on your laptop. Go to the settings of the Kaspersky Internet Security and then go to the notification area. Now go to event notification settings and see for something there. You might get something related to activities similar to the PDM.Keylogger has been detected and if you are getting something like that then it will be better if you can go with the support from Tech Side and see if that can really help you with the issue that you are getting there.

It will be better if you can just go with updating the Antivirus Software of yours and see if that can make a difference. If you are having the Antivirus of version 10 i.e. if you are having Kaspersky Internet Security 10 then it will be better if you can have Kaspersky Internet Security 11 and see if that can help you with the issue. You can go to the official site and then can have the upgrade. You will be able to get the upgrade for free there.