Thread: Bitdefender Free version in different languages

Bitdefender Free version in different languages

Is there a method to make some changes BitDefender 2010 language without actually reinstalling the entire package? I observe French language package has been launched. When other languages will be launched can i modify languages without reinstalling it , I am not in any sort of hurry , please also tell me a bit more about the languages that are actually supported by this Antivirus ?

Re: Bitdefender Free version in different languages

I am at present running BD Antivirus Pro (Trial) on my Win7 netbook and would fancy to download the English edition of this new BitDefender Free version 2011, my system is running a bit less in memory and I am running short with money and such to purchase the product. My dad won't purchase it for me since they still have two years remaining on their Norton subscription. I would like BD Free version 2011 in english, not the 2010 edition which lacks realtime. I only require "basic" security (antivirus, antispyware, antirootkit, etc) that is not free, ad free, very fine recognition & removal, and free.

I was being using Panda Cloud (Free edition) for a while, but I am very overwhelmed with Bitdefender and would very much admire it if there was an english conversion of the free 2011 version. Though it would be good if the Free and Pro versions had a behavioral blocker incorporated into it (if one of the suites already have one). If there isn't an english conversion, when will it be obtainable?

Well, I considered in a moment that I had resolved the issue (for me, not for other users). But when opening a new update, there came (after some time ) a caution that the services were for the time being disabled and a littlewhile, I had to reboot the system. That the language after the restart was English UK again, was no shocker to me after such an update.But beside from this issue, why is the BitDefender language location not configured (programmed) the "common" mode? A lot of multi-language programs has single general installation package with non-compulsory language modules. And in the setup options, the user can simply toggle between languages.

I have re-installed BitDefender 2010 using bitdefender_tsecurity.exe. I selected 'Repair' at the beginning (the other choice was 'Remove') and after the (obligatory) system restart at about 75% of the progress bar, the installation carry on. After concluding, the system has to be rebooted again and then BDTS is the asking for a Dutch edition. Then starting an 'Update', the screen demonstrates a very big total (94159 KB) and when ended, the system should be restarted (odd after updating the "descriptions")!! And after restarting, I observe that my initial message was a accurate description of a problem: BDTS is at the present UK.

But, of course, previous to running the update, I had copied the BDTS folder. And after booting the further Operating system ( Since I have a dual-boot system), I replaced the \Enu folder by the from the copy and now the software is Dutch once more.Make a note of. nearly all (or all?) BitDefender files and folders are protected against viewing, editing or replacing. And switching languages is somewhat simple now by renaming the \Enu folders later than booting the other Operating system .