Thread: KIS 2011 icons and program disappeared

KIS 2011 icons and program disappeared

I am using the Kaspersky Internet Security from last six months and that does not give me any of the problems with that. But yesterday, when I turned on my computer then I found that the icon for the Kaspersky Internet Security was missing from its place. I checked that on all programs and it was also not there. This is very strange because I didn’t perform anything new on my computer. I am having the Windows 7 installed in my computer. I am not able to understand that why this is happening to me and how can I get them back to work. If you can provide me any help with this then this will be really a great help for me. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post in advance.

Re: KIS 2011 icons and program disappeared

I don’t know that why this is happening to you but if you want to get them back then the only option according to me is to install that again. Before installing that, you should uninstall the one that installed in your computer at present. To do that, just open the control panel and then open Add or Remove program. This will list all the programs that are installed in your computer. Search for the Kaspersky in that list and click on that. This will highlight that. From the right side of the, select uninstall/remove. As you click on that then this will start to uninstall the Kaspersky Internet Security from your computer. After uninstalling that completely, you will have to install that once again. And by this way you will be able to get the icon and the program back. Thank you.

If you are having any other security software installed in your computer then also you might get such problems. I mean that, if there are more than one security softwares installed in one computer then they will come into way of each other and they may also recognize the files for other software as some thread and can remove that. So you should remove the other one form your computer. I am not saying that this is the only reason for this but yes, this is one of the most possible reasons for this.

I have also faced the same problem earlier and the reason for that was, I installed that from the USB drive and after removing the drive it also takes away the icon for that. So if you have also done the same then my suggestion you is install that once again but this time copy the installer to your computer hard drive and then install it from there. But before doing the installation, you will have to uninstall the currently installed one from your computer and after that reboot the system. Now try to install that once again. This is the best way that I can suggest you to solve the problem.

I think that the best way to install any of the security software is to install that from safe mode. If you desire to go in safe mode then you will have to reboot your computer and maintain pressing F8 key till it displays you a screen where you observe on e of the choice as safe mode. Choose that choice with the arrow key from the keyboard. Now press enter to begin the computer within safe mode. When you press enter then it will begin the Windows within the safe mode. After you entered to safe mode then you can attempt to install it once again