Thread: Kaspersk Internet Security 2011 forgetting firewall rules

Kaspersk Internet Security 2011 forgetting firewall rules

I am having the Kaspersky Internet Security2010 installed in my computer and my computer is running the Windows 7 in it. I have set some of the rules for the firewall but then also I am getting some alerts intended for connections. Whenever I go to the website then I get alert intended for outbound access over remote port 80 but I have previously set the rules for that. Then why that is giving me such alerts. I am not able to understand that why this is forgetting the rules that I made to it. Can you tell me the reason for this or any solution that can help me to get out of the issue? I will really appreciate all the replies for this.

re: Kaspersk Internet Security 2011 forgetting firewall rules

There may be some trouble with the installed Kaspersky Internet Security in your computer and so you are facing this issue. It is possible that some of the files for this might be corrupted. If you want to confirm that then you should do the complete installation of the Kaspersky Internet Security once again. Before doing that, you should completely uninstall the previously installed on from your computer and then again install that. The best way to install that is to download the fresh setup from internet and install that form that newly downloaded one.

I am not able to understand that why are you are using the Kaspersky Internet Security2010 as the Kaspersky Internet Security2011 is already available on internet. So just search for this on internet and download that into your computer. Install the setup but before installing it, you should make sure that you have uninstalled the previous version of it from your computer. After uninstalling that, you can install the newly downloaded one into your computer. I am also using the Kaspersky Internet Security2011 and not having any of the issues like you mentioned. I wish that this will do the same for you.

I think that you have not created the rules properly and that is the reason that it is not able to remember the rule. I am giving the steps that you can refer to create new rules.
    1. First of all, open Kaspersky’s main window.
    2. Select the tab named as “Protection Center”.
    3. Now click the link for settings.
    4. Choose firewall component within “Protection Center” tab.
    5. Activate the firewall component.
    6. From the right side of the window, click on the settings button.
    7. Within firewall click the “Rules for application tab” and select the application names
    8. After this clock on edit button.
    9. Now select option “network rules” that is in “Rules for application” window and click the add button.
    10. Now choose block choice accessible within action section in “Network Rule” window.
    11. Inside name sections select option of web- browsing.
    12. Now within network Rule tab you will acquire every rules that you chosen by means of Block icon.
    13. Only click on ok button of every Rules for application, firewall as well as settings window.
    14. Your task is ended, now shut the main window.

Have you installed any other security software in your computer? I am asking this to you because, if you have installed some other security software along with this then it is possible that they both are interfering the processing of each other and that is the reason that you are facing this problem. So if that is the case for you then you should uninstall the additional one from your computer and then again try to create the rules. I am quite sure that this time it will not forget that.