Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011: Low System Performance

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011: Low System Performance

I recently bought Kaspersky Internet Security. I saw performances are reduced when I try to copy or move all files (all file types) or USB hard drive, it will take some time about a minute, but its real frustrating when moving or copying large files, so there is no setting to stop this kind of service. I think Kaspersky Internet Security tries to analyze the icon was flashing. If anyone has any information or any solution for this problem, than please just let me know.

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011: Low System Performance

Frequently, performance problems can be unraveled by making a GSI log and posting a link to it in the forum. This report will give necessary information regarding the system and can help the forum mediators and members to identify your trouble. It is easy to do and only takes a few minutes.
    1. Just download the tool: GetSystemInfo
    2. Getsysteminfo.exe, run, and after that clicks on Create Report.
    3. The newspaper will be automatically downloaded and added to the clipboard with the default settings.
    4. Now add the link from the clipboard to your message, insert the link and use right click to add the link to the clipboard.

Are you saying that Kaspersky Internet Security tries to scan your hard drive when you plug it? In addition to the above type suggests about sending your GSI log, you may be able to tweak the setting. Open Kaspersky Internet Security> Settings> General Scanning (this is the magnifying glass icon)> Under "Scan removable drives Connection" change or "Do not parse" or "Prompt action.” Make sure by clicking OK or Apply in the lower right corner in the window as ALL of you go back, to ensure that change sticks. That said; please follow the suggestion to send a report GSI, especially if what I propose does not solve your problem.

No. Kaspersky Internet Security does not attempt to analyze my USB or detachable devices; I distorted the settings to "do not scan.” I mean, when I move all the files (all files) of my hard disk from one disk to another, it will take some time to begin the process of the KIS icon also flashes, I guess that its scanning. Whereas, when I changed "pause protection" Copying or moving files is good, and quick starts. I've used Linux system (Ubuntu), so I'm new to Kaspersky so please give me ideas you got.

Until you checks back in your journal and comments GSI, have you checked to make sure that your network is reliable? Open KIS> Settings> Firewall> Settings> Network and set your network (no internet!) locally or trust. Click OK and / or apply all the windows you back. Also, did you do a clean install the latest version, or do you try to install on top of another security program? Well, I guess we'll have to wait for the experts - your GSI must point to the problems (incompatible software, outdated drivers, and traces of security programs before).

Cracking software or not, a common agenda on many systems that are experiencing "performance issues" with KIS 2011 appears to be Internet Download Manager. It seems to me that IE click monitoring could be the cause of many of these issues. This service background which looks for clicks on links to download. Perhaps more trouble than it's worth? So, my suggestion would be to remove IDM for now and see if issues, thus improving remove any software cracking which may / may not be installed on the system.