Thread: Windows 7 and KIS 2011: Antivirus blocks the internet

Windows 7 and KIS 2011: Antivirus blocks the internet

I have recently bought Dell E5510 notebook on which I have installed Windows 7. I have installed license version of Kaspersky 2011 on the computer of mine. I am unable to access internet using Firefox, Windows Explorer. However my system shows that it is connected with Internet. I have tried with both wired and wireless connections access the internet. Please let me know if you are having any suggestion to solve the matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Windows 7 and KIS 2011: Antivirus blocks the internet

Well I am unable to find the root cause of the problem. I want to know more information regarding this particular situation. I am recommend that you should download and install GetSystemInfo on your computer from the Kaspersky . Well it will create log file of your system. You have to run GetSystemInfo and click on Next in order to create report. It will autoupload and add the same on the clipboard with default settings. Now you have to click on the add link on the clipboard on your post and use insert link and right click in order to add link on the clipboard.

Well looking at the situation I am mentioning following steps to which you can apply to solve the matter of yours.
    • You have to launch KIS if it is already closed.
    • Now go for Settings and click on Firewall . Now go for Settings and click on Networks.
    • Now you should simply right click on the Home Network and choose Trusted or Local and click on Ok. You have t click on Ok on the every opened dialog box.
    I am hoping that above mentioned steps will help you to solve the matter of yours.

Well the looking at the situation I suspect that some Trend Micro files on your computer might be the root cause of the problem. I recommend that you should remove the same from the computer and restart your computer and see whether problem persists or not. Another thing which you can do is to right click on K icon of the KIS and go for Tools from the right click context menu. Now go for Network Monitor and see that Block Network Traffic is not selected. I think you should try it see and what happens after performing the same. wish you all the best.

Re: Windows 7 and KIS 2011: Antivirus blocks the internet

If all the solution which are provided by all the users are not working then I suspect that this problem is occurring due to Firewall. Well I recommend that you should disable the Firewall and see what happens. Also you should disable the protection and check whether problem persists or not. Finally all the solutions are not working then I recommend you that you should simply uninstall KIS ,reboot your computer and install the same and see whether the problem gets fix or not.