Thread: Upgrade Free To Bitdefender Total Security 2011

Upgrade Free To Bitdefender Total Security 2011

I have been using the Bitdefender Total Security 2010 in my personal computer. Yesterday I saw that there is a new version of Bitdefender suite is available to download and that is Bitdefender 2011. I think that I can upgrade for free from 2010 to 2011. I know that it is not the hard task. But how can I do it for free? My current system specifications are as follows:
    • Intel Pentium Dual E2140 @1.66 GHz
    • 3 GB RAM
    • Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
    • 1 GB GeForce 9600 GT Graphics card

Re: Upgrade Free To Bitdefender Total Security 2011

I think that you don’t have any free upgrade option here. If you want the latest version of Bitdefender Total Security, you will need to get the new complete package from the developer or from the publisher. You need to pay for this security program depending on the validity and usage of the license. You may get the latest 2011 version for free and you can easily install in your computer. However in order to activate that software you will need a genuine license key. To get this you need to pay some amount Bitdefender. Then they will send you a valid license for certain time.

I think that it is possible for you to freely move from the Bitdefender Total Security 2010 to Bitdefender Total Security 2011. Before this installation or upgrade you will need to completely uninstall the current version of Bitdefender. To do this you will need an uninstaller that you can get from the Bitdefender Total Security website. Download that uninstaller and run it in your computer. It will automatically remove your old Bitdefender. Then you can easily install whichever version you want.

I think that you can’t upgrade from one version to another version in antivirus software. You can only upgrade your virus signature database. In order to upgrade from 2010 to 2011 you will need to completely take out the older one prior to the new installation. If the upgrade is possible then you will get the option in Bitdefender setup menu. In that within the update section you will get the separate option like “Look for software updates”. It is not as same as the virus signature update”. Even this option available in your program you can’t upgrade it as free of cost.

Without the installer package or file, you can upgrade the Bitdefender Total Security 2010 to 2011 with just one click. You should visit the Bitdefender official site and look for a particular edition of Bitdefender Total Security software. Then there only you will get an option to download the file of it. Before downloading you need to specify your details along with appropriate email address. Then pay for it and download. After that install it in your computer by unzipping package. After the completion of installation it will ask for registration. If you really looking forward for free upgrade you may need to hang around some time until some cracked version available in third party websites.