Thread: Bitdefender prompts for New Network Connection

Bitdefender prompts for New Network Connection

I have installed this new Bitdefender antivirus software application on my laptop which is having Windows 7 operating system running on it. When I installed the application and inserted the registration key, the antivirus program got activated and I was able to scan my computer smoothly with it. But I don’t what has gone wrong from last week that whenever I start my system I get a message on my screen showing “New Network Connection”. I am using a wireless network at my home which most of the family members use, but then also it is always prompting for some new network connection. Can any one help me to know so as whay I am getting this error and what should I do to get it solved.

Re: Bitdefender prompts for New Network Connection

Sicen you have mentioned that you are using the home connection network which is a wireless network from where every one can select it. So you must select the home network in the network settings and should apply for the same so that your laptop remembers that to always connect to one peculiar network and after that one thing is certain that you will not get the other option of the New Network Connection on your laptop every time you open the same. Once the settings so as to which and where connection is to get attached then your laptop will automatically clinch to that network without looking for some other network.

Hey I would want to know that are you having some other wireless closed to your house or where you home network is located. If this is the case then what I fell that both connections are fluctuating each other and that is why there is always this New Network Connection message is prompted on your laptop. Since you cannot control the network because it is a wireless and that is why it has come to notice that the Wireless network are always very delicate and they are very much vulnerable to risks of hacking. So what I would suggest is that you should either make use of this and cancel the option every time it prompts or can even go to the firewall settings and select highest privacy and security as possible to avoid the option of the New Network Connection.

Guys I have tried as you have said, I have checked into the firewall settings to search for the privacy and security option and what I have found is that I am already having full amount of security and privacy but then also I am continuously getting this message whenever I open my laptop. Since there are allot of peoples at my home who would want to connect to the internet at the same time so we all have opted for this wireless connection and we cannot switch to the wired network. I know that the antivirus software that I am using is one of the best in the business, but then also to avoid any kind of risk as such I would want to remain as secure as possible.