Thread: BitDefender Pro 2011: error message "The Virus Scan module is unavailable"

BitDefender Pro 2011: error message "The Virus Scan module is unavailable"

Recently download and install BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 trial version in my windows 7 compatible Compaq Presario f700 notebook. I activate the version of the security application by the license key, the scanning is working fine with all the module function and along with this other modes are also working fine, only problem with that is whenever I try to run the scanning process by select the expert mode, it directs a error message into my notebook screen, which looks like "The Virus Scan module is unavailable". Along with this another problem that I noticed today morning is when I perform the deep scan on my system it flashes another message into the screen, "computing estimated time left". I can’t stop the scanning process while this message appears. Also not able to get relief from this problem, what should I do now? Is there anyone having similar issue or any information regarding this?

Re: BitDefender Pro 2011: error message "The Virus Scan module is unavailable"

Is the antivirus program that you are using is compatible with the operating system version? Make sure about this, because in some of the cases I found that, these type of problem might be occurred for the incompatibility. Along with this would like to ask you, do you install any other security program in your notebook. Or also if you was using the precious version of BitDefender tool, then might not be that one removed properly. Some of the files are might be situated into the windows temporary folded or in the registry editor, check them and remove from there.

I think the virus module is outdated or corrupted, though you installed the tool recently, then I think the problem should be the corrupted, for this I would like to recommend you update the virus mode online from the BitDefender web site and then try to scan the machine, I hope this will somehow help you to resolve this issue. If this still occurring then try by one process, press the windows button along with this also press the .msc press and then hit on enter, it will start the BitDefender Threat Scanner tool, now double click on the services those will starts run, it will change the start type as automatic, after the changes are made click on ok or apply. Now insert the BitDefender installation disc and run the virus downloaded installer package, go for this.

As per my opinion the problem might not be occurring for the bitdefender antivirus tool application, some other application will creating this problem, or it might also e happening for other antivirus program, if there any one running in your system or any previous version of the earlier tool application is still situated into the system or into the windows installed folder. For this first of all check for this and remove that. Few months back I was also facing relevant issue, I was not able to run the bitdefender antivirus program, also not able to scan the system. After that I tried many trick to resolve this but nothing works. after that one of my friend suggest me to check the program folder and the other modules the problem might be there. I removed other files of the previous antivirus program and along with this also removed other visual effects those are installed into my system and by this I can easily resolved the issue.

According to me regarding the problem that you mentioned in your, I recommend you to repair the bitdefender antivirus tool in your machine, I think the tool program is not installed properly, along with the virus module also might not be applied properly. For this insert the bitdefender antivirus tool installation disk into CD ROM drive, nor double click on the installation icon and run the installation program, and from that window, click on repair option. Run and follow the instructions to complete the process. Apart from this make sure that the patch of the antivirus tool is applied properly.