Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security completes full system scan in 4 minutes

Kaspersky Internet Security completes full system scan in 4 minutes

I have installed Kaspersky on the system here and I was able to install in on the system and that too without any issue. The installation of the Antivirus went smooth. The main issue with the Antivirus is when I do the scanning. After installing the antivirus I restarted the system and then it asked me to run the System scan. I went for this option and I saw that the Scan was completed within 4 minutes. Is this really normal or there is some issue with the Antivirus? I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 on my system.

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security completes full system scan in 4 minutes

I have a workaround here with me and I would like you to see for the steps here and see if that can help you reset the navigation settings to default. First open Kaspersky, after that make a Click on the settings. Under the settings go to advanced settings and next click to the manage settings. Now first save the all current settings. Finally hit on the restore default settings. This will help you to solve the problem.

The latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security 11.0.2.556 supposed to do faster scan. In that case comparatively scanning would complete in minus 10 minutes. As per my opinion it seems to me that you have little bit files on your hard ware. Four minutes seems to be low when you have a small amount of files. If you do not have much data on your drive do than it takes four minutes to scan. But it seems to me that it is fine there and you really do not have any problem.

I would like to suggest you that your system may be having a tiny data on your hard drive. So therefore it takes 4-5 minutes to take full scan. Regarded to my system Kaspersky Internet Security takes 20-30 minutes to full scan because my hard drive have so much of data therefore it takes long time. You don’t worry about that everything is fine and great. If you’re having lots of data then full scan in 4 minutes not possible. I hope you got the solution to your issue.

you guys must have some really good computer because my Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 takes about 22h to do a full scan on my computer can any of you help on how can i make it faster my comp req's are 1.8 ghz processor and 1gb of ram running windows 7 and for **** sakes my computer has only 50 gigs of hard drive space so i can't see it taking that long for a full scan
    Last edited by mshupo; 03-03-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Yes, you are right. Your configuration is good enough and it should not take 22h for doing a complete scan. I think there is some problem with your KIS 2011. Might some settings not done properly and hence it is taking so long time to scan. I think, you should checkout this article for the same: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 scan settings

Alternatively, as am too Windows 7 user, i'll recommend you to go with Microsoft Security essentials. As it is the best ever i found for Windows Vista and Windows 7.