Thread: How to get rid of Mighty Magoo?

How to get rid of Mighty Magoo?

I have attempted all the things that I can to get rid of this Mighty Magoo. It started with random words underlined and written in green, however now I have pop-ups and computer freezes. I have performed a little research and come to know that the it is happening due to Mighty Magoo. I am not a computer expert so I do not know how to get rid of this trouble. I have also scanned all my system through anti-virus but it did not detect any thing. I am really irritated with this each time while doing browsing or working on some software every time I have a pop-up keep on saying that you’re computer is affected with virus, to get rid of this click on this balloon. When I click it redirects to some enormous website. Please help me to get rid of this trouble. Your suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to get rid of Mighty Magoo?

I also have this Mighty Magoo and my cousin too. First it affected my browser and I keep on getting random pop-ups, Mighty Magoo is a nasty virus. After this pop-up it suddenly crashes my hard drive. I am really irritated with this virus. I have Avast installed on my system and perform a complete scan but it does not even pick it up. Now If any one has any thought how to get rid of this please let em know as soon as possible.

I will recommend to both of you to Malwarebytes Anti-malware. It is an anti-malware site which is developed to deal with malware with various tools to get rid of this malwares. I will advise you to download malwarebytes and save on your desktop, after that double click on the icon. The installation will start, I will suggest you to install the default setting, do not forget to place a tick mark at the final screen to check for the updates. If the Malwarebytes finds any updates then it will update to latest edition. After the installation is finished perform a complete scan of your system. Wait for some time as it will take some time to scan your system, and when it finish t\scanning click on ok to see the result. Hope that this will remove all your malware and viruses.

As per my knowledge Mighty Magoo is not a virus or a malware that effect your system.It follow the Industry standard which are described for the software. Mighty Magoo is a game portal by means of over a hundred popular games accessible for public to play for free of charge. The games are unlocked by downloading software that displays two types of ads, pop under ads, plus intext ads. Previous to software installed each one has to agree terms and conditions , it is not installed without approval. By making sue of third party removal tools you threat making a jumble of the files, I extremely advise doing a easy uninstall all the way through add/remove programs in the control panel.

The Magooroo Guest

Hi, this is Mighty Magoo Support. In the wake of some negative comments that have been made about our website, we want to reinforce that the Mighty Magoo site, downloads, and games are formally TRUSTe certified and audited. Mighty Magoo is not spyware, malware, a virus, or a hijacker of anything, nor has it ever been.

Our business model is to develop and publish free-to-play games to our site by requiring our audience to download the Mighty Magoo ad-supported software so as to become a member, unlock the site, and make the entire game library available. If you uninstall the software, the site will lock and the games will be unavailable to you.

In order to install the Mighty Magoo advertising software, you must respond to one of our owned and controlled landing pages that provide full disclosure in the About Us, Terms, and Privacy sections links. Since we recognize that many consumers may not read one of these three available selections, we also provide, at the first step of downloading, a fully detailed disclosure screen that clearly states what activities and actions the Mighty Magoo ad software performs. This ad software is not bundled with any other software. It has fully-branded disclosure on each ad unit and does not attempt to hide or obscure its activities.

The Mighty Magoo advertising software can be fully removed by using the Add/Remove Programs within Control Panel or using our “deactivation” software provided on the mightymagoo.com site. Removal of the software using various unsanctioned virus or spyware removal tools may not work properly and could cause greater problems for your Add/Remove Programs feature, browser, or operating system. We strongly recommend that you choose to remove the software using Add/Remove Programs or our deactivation software and not using third-party spyware, malware, or antivirus tools. This will completely remove all components of the Mighty Magoo advertising software.

If you have further questions or need support, please contact our toll-free number located on the About Us section of mightymagoo.com.

Mr. Magoo, you said:

Quote Originally Posted by The Magooroo;5221070
    [I
    The Mighty Magoo advertising software can be fully removed by using the Add/Remove Programs within Control Panel or using our “deactivation” software provided on the mightymagoo.com site... We strongly recommend that you choose to remove the software using Add/Remove Programs or our deactivation software and not using third-party spyware, malware, or antivirus tools. This will completely remove all components of the Mighty Magoo advertising software[/I].
    OK Magoo, I searched all over the internet to learn how to get rid of this application and is controlling my web experience and frustrating me. I found you here and did what you said would remove it. First I followed your advice and went to your website and clicked on "deactivate". You know what it did, I know you do.... it told me to get rid of it in add/remove programs.

So I did that and went on my way on the internet. Then I see the popups coming and not allowing me, again, to go my own way. THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS DOES NOT WORK! And you have the nerve to defend the honor and intention of your program?

I've sent you a message on Techarena asking for help. Please reply! In the meantime I am stuck and cannot use the internet BECAUSE OF YOUR MAGOO PROGRAM!@##^

OK, I found out how your Magoo application snuck onto my computer. I was dumb enough to download a free fileviewer application from and when you download a free app from there the website also downloads "InstallIQ" and your hijacking app as well. There is a note before a person downloads the wanted free application that InstallIQ is necessary in order to download the free apps. And in the download of that YOUR APP tags along secretly.

DO YOU REALLY THINK ADULTS WOULD PURPOSELY ADD YOUR CHILDISH MAGOO APPLICATION?

Please tell me what to do now..... add/remove did not work!

Hi Boblawbla,

You could try to use the Revo Uninstaller software package to uninstall the Mighty Magoo program from your computer. The Uninstaller tool lists the installed programs and components for all and current user. With a choice of views, as well as a context menu, information on program components is available: program properties, their registry entries and links to manufacturer's web site, for a start.

I am not a programmer but I do work with a lot of programs in websites. I found and removed every remnant of this horrid adware, but still found ad links in any text on any web page.

I called mighty magoo and emailed a ball of fire their way but it didn't help. What I had missed, probably because I found so many people having so many problems like me, was the simplest answer. The adware had somehow infected Chrome itself. I deleted Chrome and found that IE (firefox had crashed so I got rid of it and went to chrome) didn't have the ads.

Short story long... I reinstalled Chrome, got the blasted error about running as an administrator, found a solution to that and now it works with no more sign of Magoo.

The adware is highly intrusive and they should be ashamed of themselves for this blatant manipulation of children.

Nod 32 ( after an update from 2008 to september 2011) found and removed 3 files on "c:\documents and settings\administrator\" and I believe now its ok.

Anyway I didn't have the opportunity to test the tool called combofix which I found very useful in multiple occasions.

This is really a very annoying adware. I tried a tons of step to get rid of it but it does not work at all. In my case after a fresh re-installation I visited some site to get driver update. That was the time when this adware entered my system. After running Windows Update and all necessary patches nothing worked out. Need to fix my operating system back again.