Thread: File Server Architecture v/s Client Server architecture

File Server Architecture v/s Client Server architecture

I happen to be a networking student , First I belong to a commercial background , but later on I chose my subject of interest as Networking and want to be a professional as far as the networking is concerned , how ever networking also includes a lot of things to be done , the data storage depends upon he architecture it has implemented , traditionally there was not followed any an then cam the file server architecture , so Can you tell me how it differed from the Client server architecture , I am in doubt . I hope you will help.

Re: File Server Architecture v/s Client Server architecture

File server is a computer accountable for the middle storage and organization of data files so that other hosts on the same network can contact the files. A file server permits users to distribute data over a network without having to actually transfer files by floppy diskette or several other outer storage device. Any machine can be set to be a host and act as a file server. In its easiest way a file server may be an normal PC that manages requests for files and transfers them over the network.

Client/server it is the connection between two system or hosts programs in which one program, the client, creates a service request from another host , the server, which accomplishes the request. Though the client/server idea can be utilized by hosts within a sole computer, it is a more significant thought in a network. In a network, the client/server model renders a suitable way to interconnect hosts that are distributed professionally across different locations.

Well I can tell you a bit on the file server architecture , In a more complicated network, a file server may be a devoted network-attached storage (NAS) device that also provides as a distant hard disk drive for other hosts, permitting anybody on the network to hoard files on it as if to their own hard drive. I think you have now understood the concept of this file server architecture , if not please do not feel shy to ask again

Computer transactions using the client/server model are extremely general. For assistance, to verify your bank account from your system , a client program in your computer sends your ask for to a server program at the bank. That host may in turn send the request to its own client host that sends a request to a database server at an additional bank host to fetch your account balance. The balance is sent back to the bank data client, which in turn provides in return to the client in your personal computer, which shows the information for you.