Thread: System image backup aborted to NAS

System image backup aborted to NAS

I installed the Netgear gigabyte router that is having the USB easy share intended for creating a network drive. I configured the 1 terabyte USB terabyte exterior hard drive toward the router as well as mapped network drive “Z:” in the direction of both my desktop as well as my laptop. The difficulty is that I need to set both to make a windows backup to network drive and when I execute the windows backup by default, because the drive is big sufficient so the windows backup mechanically creates the system image for every computer when making a backup. I obtain an error message “Windows backup did not finished productively. One of the backup files might not be created. Details: The system call stage is not accurate. Error code: 0x8078002a”. When I deselected the checkbox intended for creating the system image and run a backup then the backup is doing well. I tried the job of making a system image to the network drive through itself and obtain the similar error message. So I identify that the difficulty is just when trying to backup the system image toward network drive. I have installed the trial for acronis to make a system backup for my NAS and it finished without any problem. Can you give me some proposal on what I can accomplish to build this choice useful in windows 7?

Re: System image backup aborted to NAS

My suggestion to you is to make sure if the Volume Shadow copy service is initiated and it is put to automatic. If you want to do that then you will have to go through the steps below and see if that can resolve the problem for you.
    1. First of all, click on the start button.
    2. Type services.msc in the search box and press enter.
    3. Scroll down to Volume shadow copy service from the services Window.
    4. Select properties by right clicking on that.
    5. Confirm that if the startup is set to the Automatic. If that is not set then you have set that to Automatic.
    6. Now click on the start button and then it will begin the windows installer services.
    7. Finally click on the Apply and Ok.

Are you prepared to say bye-bye to 3rd party back-up applications? I am saying this because Windows 7 formulate this probable with it’s excellent back-up as well as System Image utility constructed into the entire versions for Windows 7. For me, I like a clean, fresh install for Windows. Not coincidently, right subsequent to a new install is the most excellent time to create a system image. This is since creating a system image is just similar to taking a snap-shop for the whole drive. Making a System Images will keep all the things lying on the drives that you have choosen and then compress them to the image file that is good information because this takes less space intended for backups! At a afterward time if you need to go back the computer to its innovative state when you purchased that otherwise built it then you can simply load up the image and it is done. You will not need to reformat the computer and no more fret regarding losing the whole system toward a computer crash.

System image back up is very good to use and I can say that the above posted steps will be helpful to you to do that but there is one important thing that you need to take care about. Before beginning this please verify that the backup drive where you are going to keep the image is already formatted with NTFS format. This is the most important thing that you need to take care about otherwise doing the system image backup will be waste for you.