Thread: My system does not recognize the network

My system does not recognize the network

I own a desktop computer which I connect directly to the router , anyhow its showing up a network that is not being recognized on the network and sharing area , and when I choose "connect to a network it only shows a PPPoE Connection . I tried reconnecting the LAN cable and it shows with an error message "windows has discovered an IP address conflict" I actually am not aware on how to tackle this so I am not expecting you people’s response so if anyone from you comes forwards and helps me it will be highly appreciated . this so any help is much appreciated . Thanks. I am awaiting for your response.

re: My system does not recognize the network

What kind of setting you have made in the TCP/IP , is it set as DHCP or pr is it Dynamic? Nevertheless I will suggest you some simple step , you are required to go to control panel then after that go to network and sharing center. Click on View Status then Properties, then after that I will ask you to double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 TCP/IPv4 and then after that let me know me if it states "acquire an IP address automatically" and if in case it does not prompt any such message please let me know about that .

Re: My system does not recognize the network

This usually happens when two systems on the similar LAN network end up with the identical IP address. When this happens , both systems end up not being able to establish connection with network resources or do any task related to other network operations.
    This issue, though is quite uncommon, can happen because of the following reasons:
    • Two computers are allocated identical static IP addresses
    • One system is allocated a static IP address that comes under the DHCP range for the local network and the similar address is allocated to a system by the DHCP server
    • A laptop is being placed as sleep mode and then switched on while plugged wit another network that uses that particular IP address
    • If you have several network adapters, it is likely for a you have an IP address conflict with itself .

There are a few methods you can go about fixing this issue . I’ll start with the simplest and move on.According to me renewing the IP address mwill resolve Renew IP Address –You can let go and renew the IP address for your machine making use of the command prompt. There is also an option to reconfigure the static IP Address – If your system is using a static IP address, it is better to try and use a another one in the similar subnet. One method to verify to ensure the one your selection is not already being used is to just ping the IP address (ping x.x.x.x).

If the above given methods does not work out please Use DHCP – If you don’t require using a static IP address, it’s best to cleanly select DHCP instead of manually configuring the IP address. The server will know which addresses are free and which are taken.Or else you can update firmware – In some uncommon scenarios , the authentic DHCP server can go wrong and assign more than one computer the same IP. In this case, it is better undertake and update the firmware on your router.If you’re still facing an IP address conflict, post your issue again in depth I’ will try to sort it out for you . I hope it was a bit of assistance for you.