Thread: Embarq 660 Series ADSL Modem/Router is not able to connect with AT&T Fast Access DSL

Embarq 660 Series ADSL Modem/Router is not able to connect with AT&T Fast Access DSL

I am a beginner with all this things, however I am hopeful that I be able to learn how to connect this Embarq 660 series modem/router as a result that it will workings with latest ISP (AT&T). I have a macbook and I am running windows XP operating system. I know that Embarq was utilizing DHCP as well as AT&T is utilizing PPPoE. So tell what I have to do to Configure Your 660 – DHCP Setup. And whatever you know regarding my issue please inform me.

Re: Embarq 660 Series ADSL Modem/Router is not able to connect with AT&T Fast Access DSL

To Configure Your Embarq 660 Setup you have to connect the wires to the DSL modem. And then Turn on the DSL modem by clicking as well as releasing the power key on the back of the modem. After about 40 seconds, you have to confirm that you have 4 lights lit on the modem. You may observe the screen to the right. You have to permit the modem to end the configuration, as well as you be supposed to obtain an Internet connection.

Re: Embarq 660 Series ADSL Modem/Router is not able to connect with AT&T Fast Access DSL

When you primary log in, then you have to enter the default password that is1234 in the Password box. Then you have to press Login. The subsequently screen will ask you that if you want to change the default password. Press Ignore to carry on to the Web-Config page. Or alter your modem password. After placing your fresh password, then press Apply. The major Menu of the Web-Config screen will come into view. Press on Wizard Setup to carry on. Then you have to confirm that the IP Address is set to get an IP Address automatically as well as the Network Address Translation is set to SUA merely. Then press next. Verify the entire the information. After that press Save Settings. The Wizard will subsequently show a diagnostic screen showing consequences of connectivity testing. Press Return to Main Menu. Then Close your Internet browser by pressing the X in the top right corner of the browser. Then re-open your Internet browser

You have to browse to http://192.168.0.1 this address will be situated on a yellow sticker on the base of your modem. The primary screen will inquire you for your Modem Access Code. This as well will be situated on the similar yellow sticker. At the login display type in your SBC member ID as well as password. Press Connect. If the whole thing is successful you will obtain a screen that states, "You Are Connected." as well as your Internet light will become solid green. If there are other issues you will obtain a screen saying, "The DSL connection is down”.