Thread: Linksys Cisco WRT120N router not showing in windows 7 PC

Linksys Cisco WRT120N router not showing in windows 7 PC

I am having a windows 7 and a XP compatible desktop computer. Both of them are compatible with wireless connectivity. I am using Linksys Cisco WRT120N wifi router, there is a problem with this router, this is detected and connected by my windows xp machine, but at the same way this is not detect by the windows 7 system also not showing into the system. I am not a technical person, I am tried by another laptop this is also running with windows 7, and it runs fine with my wifi router. Why this problem is occurring in my machine only? What should be the cause fir this problem? Share your suggestions and the information regarding this problem with me, any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Linksys Cisco WRT120N router not showing in windows 7 PC

I think the router driver in that machine is not properly installed, but at first be sure that the driver version that you are suing is compatible with the windows 7 os, because some of the software or the hardware driver is not compatible with windows 7. So try to reload the driver, for that insert driver installation disk and double click on the installation icon, it will ask you to remove the existing one first, remove and load the new one. I hope it will help you somehow. After the loading process a system reboot is required.

According to me, the problem might be occurring for the windows version that you are using in your machine. The driver installation files which are stored in system 32 folder might be these are corrupted or removed from ether, this can be happen for any cause. So if this happened in your windows platform installed folder, then I suggest you go of the windows repair option, for that simply insert windows installation disk and start pressing f8 from your keyboard after manufacturer logo will appear into the screen, it will proceed you into the installation window, from there select and click on windows repair option. Wait till the process completes. Go through this technique. I hope by this the problem will surely be overcome.

Almost relevant issue in my windows 7 compatible Compaq Presario notebook, the machine is also compatible with wireless network connectivity. I am having a wifi network connection at my home. And in the last when I was tried to connect my machine with the network connection, for this when I try to detect the router it simply flashes that the router is not connected. What type of the problem is this is there any one having any information or solution for this issue?

According both the problems, as per my opinion I think this is happening for the network router driver, I recommend you to download latest version of router driver from manufacturer web site and replace it with the existing one. Along with this also the problem may be occurred for the operating system. For that I suggest you to reload the OS in your machine, insert OS installation disk in to CD ROM drive and begin the installation process. Now at the beginning it will ask you to select the drive for the installation, select the existing OS stored drive, then it will format the drive and go for the fresh installation. I hope any one them will surely help both of you.