Thread: Can't get IP address via DHCP

Can't get IP address via DHCP

I am getting issue with only one part of the network. The network part is as follows. The 4VLANs are configured toward only 1 switch and that is cisco 2960. And this switch is furthermore connected to fa0/1 of another router called Cisco 2811. The server tends to be on top of the final of the 4 VLANs (vlan40). The issue I am getting is it is troubling to offer IP address through the DHCP to the computers which are laying on the same VLAN by means of it. What Should I need to do for this problem?

Re: Can't get IP address via DHCP

First of all see that is there any 2811 setup like a DHCP server? It seems to me that the problem is with the Server configuration somewhat than your Cisco switch. This is occurring for the reason that a DHCP server usually hands away addresses from a superscope beginning through the foremost scope. Following that scope is complete, the server begins handing away addresses from the subsequent scope, third scope, and almost immediately.

Superscopes supersede entity scopes. You will necessitate generating separate scopes in favor of each and every one VLAN subnet. I had the similar issue. I sought after to make use of superscopes to attempt and formulate administration further easier however it generated the trouble that you have explained. Just the once I generated single scopes in support of each VLAN subnet, my issues went left.

If each and every one of your VLANs has their individual DHCP servers at that moment there is no necessitate to encompass an IP assistant configured on any layer. Get a command that has been used toward forward DHCP broadcasts among VLAN boundaries and is helpful within lone DHCP server/Multiple VLAN configurations. Make sure that each and every one of your Speed/Duplex settings accurate. (Evaluate among host as well as switch) a port might be fluttering owing to substantial problems for instance cables and duplex mismatches.