Thread: "No wifi network in this range" message in windows 7

"No wifi network in this range" message in windows 7

I am facing a peculiar type of problem in my wireless network after upgrade the operating system from windows vista to windows 7 in my Toshiba Satellite A105 laptop. Io usual lay connect the machine with wireless network. But from last week I am having a issue with the wireless connectivity. I am using Atheros wireless adapter in my machine. Whenever I tried to connect the machine it flashes a message into the screen, that there is no network in this range, though I am suing this network from last few months, till not get any range problem. Then why this is occurring after a long time? From here is anyone having any information or suggestion on this problem?

Re: "No wifi network in this range" message in windows 7

Is the network is properly configured, for that I recommend you to reconfigure the network connection in your machine. Open network and sharing window, and from there open the wireless network connection which you are using after that, from the properties of that network service, look for the information’s those are inserted by you during the authentication. Reset the connection by reinsert the appropriate settings into that window, and reboot your machine. Now go for to connect the machine again with the network.

The problem might be occurring for the network router which you are using, may be the router version is out dated or corrupted. Be sure about this by entering into the device manager and from there look for the status of the network router. I would like o suggest you to download the latest version of driver application from the manufacturer web site, be sure that the driver is compatible with the machine hardware specification and also with the operating system version. Replace it with the existing version. Try with this; I hope it will might be help you to resolve the issue.

According to the connectivity error message that you mentioned in your post, the router and machine might be places in outside of the range, so for this you simply attached with each of them, means make them closer. Because this is might be occurred for the distance, I had the similar issue, where as in my machine same error message was also occurred, after that simply turn off the machine and the reach to the close of the network router, and connect them again. But this is not a solution, there is hard ware issue, and for this you need to contact with the service engineer.

I also think that the problem is for the router driver, where I had an experience of similar type of problem, I also searched on this problem in almost maximum web sites, applied some of them but nothing works after that, I simply reload the driver and by this the problem is solved. So I also recommend you to go for reload the router driver. Insert driver installation disk into CD ROM drive, then ping to device manager, now open network tab and right click on it and choose update option. Select recommended advanced option, it will ask you to locate the installation program from any location. Browser, select and run the process. After complete the process it might require for reboot your machine. Go for it and then try to connect your machine with the network, I hope this time the problem will not occur.