Thread: Encore ENUWI-G2 USB adapter is not working well with Windows XP

Encore ENUWI-G2 USB adapter is not working well with Windows XP

I have a very old computer at my place with a windows xp operating system. Well i am thinking of setting up a internet connection with my system. So thats why i thought it would be best to take an opinion from you all. Well my system does not have a Ethernet adapter. So we brought a new one. In order to enable it work we got a Encore ENUWI-G2 usb adapter. Whenever i connect the adapter to the system, i get a connecting message but it does not get actually connected to the system. Well i have read several forums regarding this topic but i am unable to find any appropriate solution for it. Since i am not a good techie, i am expecting some useful and understandable advise from you all. So do reply.

re: Encore ENUWI-G2 USB adapter is not working well with Windows XP

Well to explain in the simple words i would advise you to run the particular driver that has come with the adapter in your system. Probably you have not installed the driver in your system, so do instal lthe driver from the website of the particular adapter manufacturer, then reboot the system and then try connecting the adapter to the system. There are many possibilities that people forget, that they have to install the driver when they get a new hardware for the system. So do install the appropriate driver and get back to me whether this particular solution has helped you or not.

If you ask me i would advise you to check the configuration settings of the adapter that you are using. Do go to the command prompt and type the following command
    IPCONFIG/ALL
    Once you have typed the command then what you have to do is check for the different settings in the prompt. The most important thing to check here is that whether the DHCP connection is enabled or disabled. Do check that option properly. If the particular DHCP connection is not there then it will definitely give you some problems in the connection. So do have a check and let me know if this solution has helped you or not.

I would advise you to check for the USB port that you are using currently. I am saying this because you have clearly mentioned that your system is very old. So that's why i think the usb port may also be old. It may be USB 1 also. If it is then mostly it will not get connected. Since majority of the USB adapters that come today are supported by the USB 2 OR usb 3 Port. So if that is the case then do get an upgradation done of your usb port. So just try that and let me know if this particular solution was helpful for you. In order to solve your issue.

Re: Encore ENUWI-G2 USB adapter is not working well with Windows XP

Yes you were right i think so there were some problem with the usb port that i was using. Well the usb port was of a very old version and so that's why there was some problem connecting to the usb port. So thats why my usb devise was not getting detected in the system. Thanks for the timely suggestion from you all. It was great help from you all. Anyways i have upgraded my usb port and now the usb adapter is easily getting detected in the system. I need to thank you all for all the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue. Thanks for it.