Thread: Slow internet in ADSL gateway router/modem

Slow internet in ADSL gateway router/modem

I just got high speed internet (essentially ADSL) and it is somewhat no good. I obtained ADSL gateway which had 4 LAN ports and WiFi. The wireless is not working is this modem. So I have called the ISP and they programmed the modem. After that the wireless worked very well. However the internet seems to be slowing downward and freezing. So I have called the ISP again to send a different modem but they told me that they have only one kind of modem. So now I need to some advice from any expert to proper the internet speed which I should gain from that router. So please help me with this issue?

Re: Slow internet in ADSL gateway router/modem

As far as I know it is pretty straightforward to set up the router physically as an alternative of paying the money to your ISP. You can do the wireless settings by yourself on router interface. If you contain a username as well as password ensures you verify with your ISP is it PPPOE connection or PPPOA connection category? Furthermore please remember to request them in favor of the VPI as well as VCI values for the individual connection kind. Verify the username and password intended for the service. Usually the username is within the appearance of an email address.

First of all try to reset the modem/router. When I encountered the same problem I did the same. It prompts me to assign static IP addresses as well as DNS server. For that I done this what it asked me to do. After this the modem starts working fine without any issue. Furthermore if the wireless of the router or modem is causing the internet connection then use an additional wifi router to route the internet to this new router from the modem using cable or Ethernet and then use the wireless feature of the additional router to access internet.

As far as I know the wireless internet in the modem is not enabled by default, the ISP has the control over this authorization. In order to use the wifi access from the modem you need to get the authorization from your ISP. Sometime you may need to pay little extra charge for this purpose. Otherwise you need to properly program your modem/router once again by hoping that this time it may get resolved.

The ISP might have been in command of the wireless for the reason that they contain the router part of your modem/router configures to let remote access moreover they distinguish the login plus password. Therefore, they access the router distantly and arrange the wireless. I presume they carry out it that manner to formulate you sense like you are receiving somewhat in favor of the additional $5. Make sure that there are no further networks to probably obstruct with yours, hence that are not a problem except you have somewhat besides that can hamper with Wireless. General stuffs are 2.4 GHz cordless otherwise little monitors.