Thread: Information on tightening the security settings and tackle warnings

Information on tightening the security settings and tackle warnings

I am a frequent net user , apart from myself my brother and my sister accesses the net as well in my system , but after a month or so I am experiencing slow performance in my system , I do not know why it is happening so , is it due to the excessive usage or there needs to be some security settings implemented in my system . I am completely unaware about this please can you tell me what sort of security settings I can deploy in my system so that I can continue with better usage and can tackle the warning that hinder my system’s performance . I hope you will take this a serious matter and respond accordingly.

Re: Information on tightening the security settings and tackle warnings

You will have to put a watch on your downloads . Many freeware applications s, and Peer to Peer programs like Grokster and Imesh and others are in the middle of the most infamous, come with an huge quantity of bundled spyware that will consume system resources, and make slow down your system as you said , will also result clashing of with other installed application , or just simply crash your browser or even Windows itself.

Well you can do a bit of changes in your browser as well , if you are using the Internet Explorer then Go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Windows Update > Product Updates, and then from there you can install ALL Security Updates show there . It is significant to always keep present with the newest security fixes from Microsoft. Install the patches that I jut recommended right now for Internet Explorer, and ensure your installation of Java Virtual Machine is up-to-date. There are some well acknowledged security bugs with Microsoft Java VM which are broken regularly by browser hijackers. I think you will take a leaf out of it.

There are a few more steps that you can follow , Go to Internet Options/Security/Internet, you can select from there 'default level', then choose OK and after that select Custom Level . In the ActiveX section, assign the initial two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) as 'prompt', and disable the option that states or says something as 'Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" .Now you will be probed if you wish ActiveX objects to run and if you wish applications to be installed. Sites that you aware familiar with for sure are above doubt and distrust can be moved to the Trusted Zone in Internet Option/security.

Well I will recommend you to install a software with the name Javacool's SpywareBlaster It will guard you from all spy/foistware in it's database by blocking installation of their ActiveX objects. Download and install, download the newest updates, and you will observe a list of all spyware programs covered by the application (make a note of that this is NOT spyware discovered on your machine ) .You can choose "select all", then "kill all checked", and this will The spyware that is most common . Spywareblaster to assign the "kill bit" for won't be a danger to you any longer. Although it won't defend you from each form of spyware acknowledged to man, it is a very strong extra layer of shield. Don't overlook to confirm for updates every week or so.

Another dazzling application by Javacool we suggest is SpywareGuard. It renders a degree of real-time defense solution in opposition to spyware that is a great enhancement to SpywareBlaster's defense technique. An anti-virus application scrutinizes files before you open them and stops execution if a virus is noticed - SpywareGuard does the similar sort of thing, but for spyware! And you can with no trouble have an anti-virus program running beside SpywareGuard. It now also features Download guard and Browser Hijacking shield!