Thread: Samba Authentication with Windows 7

Samba Authentication with Windows 7

The network of my company uses, for authentication on a Linux server running Samba version 3.4.2 Service with Winbind. Since I installed Windows 7, can I logon to the domain, but I cannot access the Samba share. I get asked for your username and password, but whatever value I enter, access is not the case. The other machines on the network, Windows XP, 2000, 2003 Server or Windows Vista are able to log in without problems.

Re: Samba Authentication with Windows 7

I tried the procedure on the two versions and give me access easily. We use (for what little because the main system is far from) the 3.4.4. I think even if the steps from a server 2003 for authentication, then it become more complex. In fact it seemed to me that the procedures were correct. You must also authorize there '. So this much I know regarding this and I hope this will help you in order to get rid from this kind of issue. I just want to wish you best of luck for this so try this and post your result over here.

If you are using Windows 7 Home Premium so for that you just start, type regedit and open the register. Go to the key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Lsa
    In "LSA" right-click in the blank space on the right and create a new DWORD registry key 32bit (if 32 bit) and 64-bit DWORD (if 64 bit). Rename the new key i.e. Lm Compatibility Level and renamed it after that and enter the value 1. Close the registry and test access. So re3garding this Os I know how to fix this so you can go for this if you are using the same os as I have mentioned over here.

Do not worry If you are making use of the Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate so in this you have to just type secpol.msc and after that you have to Right-click the program icon that appears at the top and select Run as administrator. Open the section Local Policies -> Security Options. And on Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication level, and select Send LM and NTLM, use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated. And on Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based clients (including secure RPC) and uncheck the item Require 128-bit encryption. Close the registry and test access.