Thread: How to protect myself against Network Sniffers from the Same LAN

How to protect myself against Network Sniffers from the Same LAN

So, I'm connecting to the internet through a WLAN network, but the I fear the Admin of this WLAN network is spying on me (or sniffing my data) while browsing the the Internet.

He is the admin of the network, but is there anyway I can protect myself from sniffing? I don't want anyone into my privacy, and he showed remarks of sniffing my network a couple of times.

I have no alternative, so if there is anyway I can protect myself, please tell.

Re: How to protect myself against Network Sniffers from the Same LAN

The best way is to protect your network through the Encryption. The encryption can easily protect the network. Another way is to use the third party application like "antisniff" which can protect your computer against any kind of the Sniffing . So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek View Post
    The best way is to protect your network through the Encryption. The encryption can easily protect the network. Another way is to use the third party application like "antisniff" which can protect your computer against any kind of the Sniffing . So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working for you or not.
    1) How can I encrypt my data?

2) Can you please offer a download link for "Antisniff" and a guide for using it?

Thank you.

For encryption thing you can put a password in your data. For that you can use folder lock software. There are many of them available. You can just copy your important files and lock the folder. You can also use Winrar passwords. They also do not allow any other person to access your data. For Antisniff just run the tool and set the settings to stealth level. As it is running in the background it will show you that whether some is spying your system or not.

I downloaded Antisniff but I didn't find the "stealth level" you are saying.
    It looks like It needs a lot of configuration, if anyone is willing to guide me through the config. I will be really thankful

Bump

I am not aware of Antisniff but let me tell you that i have gone through a nice article on forum regarding the sniffing. I will advise you to go with the same and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not. I hope that this will help you with the sniffing issue. Here is the link for same.
    How to protect from sniffing ?