Thread: Difficulties with reciprocal access to file directories in Linux

Difficulties with reciprocal access to file directories in Linux

I have some difficulties with reciprocal access to file directories in my system. change user rights and group rights had been no consistent success. (Chmod, chown and chgrp are known to me). So the idea came to one internal network. Right now I would just like to have a regard, I look for that can, connect the work I'm doing myself. Whole is complicated, and I am trying to explain it :
    • 2 Linux systems (openSUSE 11.2 and Mandriva 2010.1) on 2 non-connected hard drives (1 internal, 1 external USB) that does not intentionally connected Grub each other.
    • Mandriva has UID other than openSUSE, so the connection itself works on a group of users (not having the OS 4 - digit, in Md 5 - digit numbers).
    • From openSUSE on the internal disk drive, the access rights to the external set up, only to change when I try from Mandriva external disk permissions on the main board to change, then the access from the OS suddenly gone.
    • Most of all I would like to network access from the internal network to the INet have not.
    Is there the possibility of creating a network that reciprocal access rights without amendment allows? When working on the external drive must of course work the Main Board and the internal drive since most resting. When working on the internal drive external rests mostly (is on). Where the network pack, then? Could I even have a permanently inserted USB stick pack on, but not boot the system must live as? But first I'd like to tip for finding the type of network. I am sure that I will get some help over here.

Re: Difficulties with reciprocal access to file directories in Linux

I am having many doubts about your query. Why did you change not just the number of the group "users" on one of the two systems and then adjusts to chgrp-R users / home everything in / home number on the new group? Somewhere other than / home anyway, no files should be part of the group users. This is the simplest and if you have not previously done unspeakable things and side effects. Network use to you in your case, nothing at all, for you have only run one kernel. Try doing the necessary things and I am sure that you will succeed.

Why did you change not just the number of the group "users" on one of the two systems and then adjusts to chgrp-R users / home everything in / home on the new group number? Somewhere other than / home anyway, no files should be part of the group users.
    First Mandriva often asks me for a proxy that I have deliberately not installed, openSUSE does not do that. I have on my system, several class directories of files stored on their own partitions are not on / home. And the accessibility to each of the two system's that I feel. Sure, as root I come across it, but console command every time the build I want to avoid you. This is basically a cross-transfer option is stored in. Have had no clue that I for example, the Mandriva the group UID may change without malaise, I could certainly try. Somehow I have in mind that a Linux network has an internally anyway, unlike Windows. Another reason why I asked.

This is the simplest and if you did not previously unspeakable things and side effects. Network use to you in your case, nothing at all, for you have only run a kernel.
    I do not think my system is running really well. Only I would like away from both distros, so it would be good if I initially on the external disk over the network "talk" could also be another distro. The difficulties that could do it, and even the basic requirements, I still have not found the net. Only one kernel running? This can end up if the 2 System is running and not on the 1st accesses.

Sure, as root I come across it, but build up the command console every time I would like to avoid. This will be basically a cross-transfer option.
    Then simply change the group number in / etc / group of a file system on the other, then customize with chgrp-R <new Group Directory> / home all the files in it. No one forces you, so as to maintain the numbering scheme as it was established early on. Also I want to say that if you have no computer, not two distributions simultaneously run two, but a computer and distribution which kernel you use and the / file system you use. The other distribution is not running. It is just a bunch of files, the organizing principles of these other distribution is organized according to it. Want to put your network idea, computers now have the choice to obtain a second order distribution run simultaneously to allow others there, the virtual machine or set up a distribution and run simultaneously to allow the others there. Both are costly and error-prone. Instead, you can also just order the original principles of the other distribution as far as the others, that both booted state in order to cope. Changing the group number in / etc / group and in the files under / home is sufficient.

I will keep in mind your tips in the coming days to implement. The information that you answers in short form have given me much idea, I find the network either overlooked, or which are in it at all. I had a discussion with an ML-to participants, but the information they are having is not sufficient. Anyways I would like to thanks to all those members who tried to help me.